Join The Zumba Party!
How Zumba Was Created And Spread All Over The World
Zumba war created from a "happy accident" in the 1990's when Alberto "Beto" Perez forgot to bring music to his aerobics class. Instead he brought some random tapes with latino music he found in his car. He improvised the aerobics class and everyone loved it. This is how a new kind of dance-fitness was created. A new and revolutonary fitness concept was born - the Zumba® Fitness-Party.
In 2001 Alberto "Beto" Perez went to Miami, where he met the two entrepreneurs Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion. The three Albertos had a vision to bring latino dance-fitness to the masses and they called it Zumba Fitness. The word "Zumba" was trademarked and now they wanted to spread Zumba® all over the world. First they made Zumba DVDs and then demands on Zumba classes and Zumba instructors came. By 2005 a Zumba Academy™ that licensed Zumba instructors to teach Zumba classes had been founded. Zumbawear™ apparel and accessories were launched after this, and also CDs. One of the best selling at-home fitness DVDs was launched 2008, called "Zumba Fitness® Total Body Transformation System". It was starred by Beto, Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant - the newest Zumba Fitness stars. Last year, 2010, Zumba once again shook the world as they launched a video game on all three major gaming platforms: Wii, Xbox, and PS3.
Different Types Of Zumba Classes
Currently there are six types of Zumba classes:
1. Zumba® – Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms that are set to high-level music – often to latin beats but international beats are used as well. It's very easy to do. Just follow the music and the Zumba instructor. It's effective and exhilarating - a total Zumba Fitness-Party!
2. Zumba Gold® – This type of Zumba is targeted to older participants and those people, who want to start their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. It modifies the Zumba formula to suit their needs. The elements that the Zumba Fitness-Party is known for stay the same; Latin music like salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton. Zumba Gold is a friendly and a fun kind of dance-fitness.
3. Zumba® Toning – This is a combination of body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Zumba moves. Zumba Toning helps you to effectivly torch calories and it trains your strength by using lightweight, maraca-like toning sticks. It tones all the target zones like arms, abs and thighs. Zumba enthusiasts, who want to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast should try Zumba Toning.
4. Aqua Zumba® – You can also work out in the water by integrating the Zumba formula and philosophy with traditional aqua fitness disciplines. Aqua Zumba blends it all together into a safe, challenging, water-based workout that’s both cardio-conditioning and tones the body.
5. Zumbatomic® – This type of Zumba is meant for kids in the ages 4-12. These fitness-parties are choreographed for kids and has a kid-friendly music like hip-hop, reggaeton, cumbia and more. Zumbatomic increases the kids focus on their self-confidence, boosts metabolism and enhances coordination. It also gives parents a good reason to head to the gym – for a very fun family experience.
6. Zumba® in the Circuit – This is 30 minutes of high-octane dance-fitness moves combined with circuit training. You do a series of strength exercises at timed intervals. You boosts your metabolism and builds your strength by using Zumba moves. Zumba in the Circuit moves students from one exercise station to the next. It definitely burns calories to the beats of reggaeton, salsa, merengue, hip-hop and more. For 30 minutes you'll get an effective class that's a blast!
- Join the Zumba Party!!!
This hub is about the most awesome workout there is out there in my opinion, try it you might like it:)
- ZUMBA - My Experience
I have tried different kinds of work out during my life. Nothing has caught my attention and interest as much as Zumba Fitness®. I think zumba is for everyone who want to have fun, sweat a little and feel good.
If you want to have a nice Zumba experience, you could try Zumbathon®. Zumbathon is a two or three hour event, which includes Zumba dancing and exercise. Usually the event includes some special presentations and it's possible to purchase fitness apparel and accessories to reduced prices.
Clothes And Accessories
Zumbawear® is a registered trademark for all Zumba clothes and accessories. You can buy Zumba tops, bottoms, outerwear and footwear for both men and women. There are also Zumba tops and bottoms for kids.
There are many different Zumba accessories like toning sticks, hats, bracelets, headbands, towels, caps, bags and more.
It's important to wear right shoes at your Zumba classes. You need some kind of dance shoes that are light. That makes it easier to move fast to the Latin rhythms. It's more ergonomic for your knees and your body if there's a circle under the shoes. The circle makes it easier to turn to the sides without hurting your body. Like in any other sport, it's important for Zumba enthusiasts to regularly buy new fitness shoes. If you work out often you should buy new shoes every six months.
Today Zumba is thought to millions of people all over the world. Zumba is growing fast. More and more people are becoming aware of Zumba. It's a global movement, and for many people Zumba is a way of life. The goal is to spread the philosophy of health and happiness and of loving everything you do, especially your workout.
More by this Author
This is a personal experience about a walk I took one night. It's about nature, garbage, moose, a car accident, berries, Finnish summer and Nordic walking. These subjects are all mixed together in one hub.
Finland is a small country in northern Europe. I thought you should know about these facts if you ever come to visit Finland.
There are many creatures in Scandinavian folklore. I have met some of them in an outdoor exhibtion. I'm sure you wouldn't like to meet "Raamt".