What are Different Kinds of Mood Disorders
Woman's Mood Disorders
Mood Disorders tend to effect around 10% of our population.It can be a mild disorder or it can be quite severe.A mood disorder is when a person has an prevailing emotional mood in witch they act inappropriate to the circumstances around them.These disorders can cause the person themselves alot of pain as well as the people around them. It is important to know the signs of a mood disorder in order to help yourself or a loved one.
What are Different Kinds of Mood Disorders?
There are two different types of Mood Disorders.
- Major Depression- Is an mental disorder that is characterized by a low mood,loss of interest in things they normally do,as well as they seem to have no pleasure in anything they do. They may seem restless or helpless as well as feeling sad most of the time.
- Dysthymia- Is a mood disorder that falls into the depression spectrum. Dysthymia is considered chronic depression, but no quite as sever as major depression.Symptoms are similar to Major depression but not as intense.
- Postpartum Depression- Postpartum effects women after childbirth and can be very sever.It usually happens with in the frist year of childbirth. Symptoms are Guilt,sleeplessness,sadness,low-self-esteem,withdrawal,low energy,frustrated, can't be comforted,not being able to take care of the baby right as well as a few more.
- Bipolar Disorder 1- This disorder is characterized as at least one manic or mixed episode. People this disorder have high and low depression.
- Bipolar Disorder 2-People with disorder have at least one hypomanic and at least one major depression episode.The depression episodes are more server than the manic episodes.
- Cyclothymia-Is a disorder that is a milder form of Bipolar 2 resulting in a recurring moods between hypomania and dysthymic mood.
For most people the most effective way to treat Mood Disorders is a combination of medications and psychotherapy.
- Mood Stabilizers- such as lithium carbonate
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors- such as fluoxetine,paroxetine and sertraline.
- Heterocyclic Antidepressants-such as amitriptyline.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors-such as phenelzine sulfate and tranylcypromine sulfate.
Help For Mood Disorders
Family Mood Disorders
More by this Author
From Patsy Cline to Faith Hill and Shania Twain, this list features the great female Country-Western music singers and includes videos.
As we get older as people, we start to notice how the cost of things have gone up, (waaaaay up). When I was born I remember using pennies and nickels and actually getting something for it! The cost of things has gone...
Working on a project? Looking for a beautiful and distinctive baby name? This alphabetical list of flower names will make it easy to search for names you know (to check spelling) or to find new ones.