Which is better “cardio” or “strength” workout?
Which is better “cardio” or “strength” workout?
Choosing the right workout for you is never easy, check out the basic simple tips when choosing a workout that best fits you hub I wrote on basic simple tips on how to choose best workout for you. Actually there are two workouts available for you --- cardio (aerobic) or strength (anaerobic) workout. Basically the difference among the two is the objective and the manner they are done. The objective of strength which is also called “resistance” workout is to give you strength and to test your endurance. This is done in a fitness center or you can also buy equipment for you own purposes. The cardio workout however is for the purpose of making you “heart” and “lungs” work in a healthy manner. Walking, biking and swimming and other form of dance exercise are some of the best example of cardio exercises.
Remember there are two general types of workouts : aerobic (cardio) plus anaerobic (strength). "Strength" workout can also be called "resistance".
Example of Cardio workout
Cardio or aerobic exercise
Cardio work out
- What is a cardio exercise? It is also called aerobic exercise which means that "it is a physical exercise with the sole purpose of improving the oxygen system, and aerobic means "with oxygen", and it simply refers refers to the use of oxygen in the body's metabolic or --energy-generating process--. Many types of exercise are aerobic, and by definition are performed at moderate levels of intensity for extended periods of time".
- As I have said cardio workout are workouts that will help your heart and and lungs -- for a fitter you and better breathing purposes. It is fun and easier to do, in my opinion, walking and swimming are good example of cardio exercises. I for one is addicted to Tae- bo exercise which is another form of dancing -- cardio techniques. I find cardio easier done than the strength exercises. It has been found out as well that cardio exercises are preferred by women rather than men. But men can do with cardio exercises as well specially jogging and walking. When you are indulge for example in cardio exercise it is not boring specially those with music and you follow the beat of it while dancing.
Advantages of aerobic or cardio exercise:
- Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure plus it Increases the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
- it also Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression
- it also strengthen the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
- It also strengthens muscles throughout the body
- It also Reduce the risk for diabetes.
Example of strength workout
strength exercise or anaerobic exercise
Anaerobic or strength exercise intense enough to trigger anaerobic metabolim and it is used It is used by athletes in non-endurance sports to promote strength, speed and power and by body builders to build muscle mass. "Muscles trained using anaerobic exercise develop differently compared to --aerobic exercise-- leading to greater performance in short duration, high intensity activities, which last from mere seconds up to about 2 minutes. Any activity after about two minutes will have a large aerobic metabolic component."
- Strength exercise are for those who like to build their muscles plus tones in their body, be it in the abdomen, thighs, arm muscles to be fit as an athlete or for aesthetic purposes. "Anaerobic exercise is used and circles in on size of muscle, endurance and strength of muscle. Examples of anaerobic exercises are golf and weight lifting".
It is up to you to choose which type of workout you prefer, be it cardio (aerobic) or strength (anaerobic). The main thing is that you know what is your objective and the ways to obtain that objective. It is both a form of workout and it is beneficial to health and fitness of an individual. The choices for workout also depends on your style of workout and the availability of time.
Read this one first so that you know the basic simple tips about workout
- Basic Simple Tips When Choosing a Workout that Fits You
There are 1001 ways to work out and there are lots of many workout plan that is juts waiting for you. The hardest thing of course is to choose one which best suit your endurance and strength, your style of...
More by this Author
I had food allergy myself when I was a kid, my struggles with food and changing seasons allergies are like struggles for a lifetime, but I am glad I survived it. It brought back not so nice memories when you can't go...
Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch. Have you heard of that before? It is amazing how the power of touch can give pleasure specially to lovers. Know the basic of...
Different Kinds of Leavening Agents. What are leavening agents or leaveners? Leavening agents are substances that are used in batters as well as doughs which are used to soften the dough and it is also used for...