Why Does Sobriety Frighten Those That Drink And Abuse Alcohol?
What Makes You so Afraid?
The word Sobriety is not in many peoples vocabulary that drink and abuse alcohol. Why does sobriety frighten those that drink and abuse alcohol?
For all the folks that have been drinking and abusing alcohol for so many years forget what it even feels like to be sober again.
The feeling of peace, love and being free from an addiction to alcohol is the most wonderful feeling in the world. The devil is off your shoulder, and you can live a happy, healthy life once more.
There is no need to be afraid of sobriety and getting sober. Even for myself when I drank alcohol I never even thought about getting sober or how sobriety would feel. That was the last thing on my mine and the first thing that was always on my mind was getting my alcohol and drinking my day and night away.
We all look forward to that buzz that alcohol so kindly gives us. Alcohol is a great thing or IS IT?
It sure does relax you and makes you not think of your everyday life or the problems you may have in your life, but that is only temporary until you sober up.
Sobriety Will Never Hurt or Kill You
I have yet to see sobriety hurt or kill anyone. There is nothing about sobriety that is bad, although many that drink and abuse alcohol may think different.
They would say things such as:
- There is no way I can have fun being sober.
- Sobriety is a boring life.
- I can't make people laugh being sober like I can being drunk.
- I can't have fun in the bars playing pool and shuffleboard being sober.
- I won't have that feeling of a great buzz if I were sober.
- I can not open up and tell my life's story being sober.
- I am embarrassed to be sober around my drunk friends.
- I won't think I was superman in the bars and be able to take on the entire bar.
- My beer muscle's would be gone if I were sober.
- I would be plan old boring to others if I were sober.
- I will not be the life of a party.
These are some of the things alcoholics think about sobriety. Living sober is not fun at all is their feeling about sobriety, and I am here to tell you they are entirely dead wrong.
You can do these things being sober:
- You can have fun being sober.
- You can be the life any party.
- You can have fun at bars playing pool and shuffleboard.
- You can tell your life's story being sober and it would be real, not made up.
- Your life would not be boring, it would be full of fun and excitement.
- Although, you would not have that great buzz of alcohol, BUT you will be high on life itself.
- You would not have beer muscles, BUT they are all fake anyway.
Are You Afraid of Sobriety?
IF YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION TO ALCOHOL, ARE YOU AFRAID TO GET SOBER?See results without voting
Sobriety Books to Help You
Never Be Afraid of Sobriety
Sobriety, as I said, will never hurt you and your life will turn out to be a great life if you would only give sobriety a chance.
It is the addiction to alcohol that you MUST be afraid of. This is what will put you to an early grave, one way or another. So, if that is what you want in life is to have yourself an early funeral, then just keep doing what you are doing by abusing alcohol and your body and I can guarantee your wish and dream will come true and it maybe sooner than you think.
I don't like writing things such as the above, but I have to make a point to all those that think that they are indestructible and can abuse alcohol and their body forever. Your addiction will catch up with you whether you believe it or not, and when it finally does you will wish you never had an addiction to alcohol and will pray for sobriety to came back into your life.
Don't wait another minute. Take ACTION and get yourself sober so you can live a life of sobriety.
You don't need alcohol to impress others and make them think you are a cool person, just be yourself and show that someone that lives with sobriety can be just as cool, or even better than that drunk guy/gal standing next to you.
More by this Author
A look into the mind of an alcoholic to see how we think and live our lives with an addiction.
You may wonder just how alcohol can ruin your life and I am here to tell you it is almost 100 percent sure to destroy you and your family if you let it happen. The alcoholic has no control over the demons within them,...
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.