The Awesome Health Benefits of Bananas - An Elite Fruit
What's So Great About Bananas?
In Today's hectic fast food world, it's easy to lose sight of ones personal health. Unhealthy choices get pushed to the public while the good stuff like fruit is always waiting on the sidelines to be considered more often. What we choose to put in our bodies is essentially our fuel. Think about what you are choosing when a craving a snack. What makes a banana a good option is its plentiful health benefits, not to mention how it comes in its own natural casing.
This golden yellow fruit has a distinct and delicious taste and is best eaten when ripe. It can be eaten by itself or combined in dishes. Including bananas in your diet is an easy way to give your body an upgrade in its nutritional intake. Let's go over what makes this fruit so wonderful.
Potassium Rich Fruit
What Are The Benefits?
Bananas can provide you with energy because of the vitamins and minerals they contain, making them an excellent choice before or after exercise. Here are the stand out nutrients in this powerful and tasty fruit.
- Potassium levels are high in this fruit, which help with keeping blood pressure normalized. It even plays an important role in heart function and may help with bone health. Bananas can supply you with a nice boost in this super nutrient.
- Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C are also prevalent in bananas. Vitamin B6 helps support the immune system, metabolism, and is even beneficial to skin conditions such as dandruff or acne. Its also been shown to be helpful with people dealing with withdrawal from smoking. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which helps fight against free radicals. Toss bananas into smoothies especially with orange juice for an abundant intake of this vitamin.
Excellent For Digestion
Fiber is an important factor for healthy digestion and bananas are a great source for this nutrient. One banana alone can supply our bodies with over 10% of our recommended daily value. Having sufficient fiber in ones diet can aid in weight control as well because of it's ability to make you feel fuller for longer periods of time. Try eating a banana in between meals to help with curbing hunger while still supplying your body with vitamins and minerals.
Improves Digestive Health
Hungry? Try A Banana
Now that we see the goodness in bananas, think about how you can include them in your diet. They can easily be enjoyed with lunches or to tide you over between meals. Bananas are one of the more convenient fruits to pick from. You can put them in lunch boxes, keep some on the kitchen countertop, or grab one when on the go. They are a delicious wholesome snack and pack a nutritional punch. Thank you for reading and for more on health, please visit my profile or the links below.
For More On Fruit
- Health Benefits of Goji Berries - The Super Fruit
Goji berries stand among the elite category of super foods. They are bursting with rich antioxidants and vitamins and minerals with your health in mind. Discover what makes this unique fruit a wonderful choice for maintaining your overall well being.
- The Health Benefits of Pears
Pears are a delicious fruit with many health boosting vitamins and minerals. Getting optimum nutrition is vital for our bodies to stay healthy and active. Bite into a pear and see what these health benefits can do for your diet.
- The Awesome Health Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple is a vitamin and mineral rich fruit which can boost the health of your body. They can improve digestion, combat cold symptoms, and provide numerous other benefits.