Why does it hurt to pee? How to cure a UTI without Antibiotics!
Please keep in mind nothing in this article is meant to diagnose a urinary tract infection. Please consult a qualified health practitioner, this article and its author assume no responsibility for what you choose to do with this information.
What is a UTI? Or Urinary tract infection?
A urinary tract infection is exactly as its name suggests, it is an infection in the urine, often causing pain in the bladder, back, and kidneys. Every year millions of people will seek treatment for this type of infection, often to have to be put on countless antibiotics, wreaking havoc on the immune system. 70% of UTI's are caused from the bacterium e.coli. This is a normal bacteria to have in the body but when it is not in the proper place it will cause infection.
Make the pain stop!
Have you ever cured a urinary tract infection without antibiotics?See results without voting
What are the symptoms of a UTI?
UTI's can have many, all or only a few of these symptoms.
- Feeling like you have to go all the time, but not being able to go. Move out of the way I've got to use it!
- Excruciating pain when urinating <<insert tears and cursing here>>
- Fullness and bloating in your abdomen
- Dicolored urine, cloudy, or bloody
- Lower back or flank pain around the kidneys
- Fever and general malaise
Common causes for Urinary tract infections and how to avoid them
Urinary tract infections are very common. They typically affect women more then men, but can affect anyone. They are most common in sexually active people, diabetics, pregnant women, menopausal women, the elderly or young children. E.coli lives in the intestines, when that bacteria is moved toward the urethra, infection will often ensue.
What can you do to prevent them before they happen?
- Urinate before and after sex
- take D-mannose before sex
- Avoid anal sex
- Keep your bits clean and in comfortable loose fitting clothing
- Always keep yourself well hydrated
- Avoid any kind of sexual lubricants that would irritate your skin
- When using the restroom (ladies) wipe from front to back, never back to front. Teach your daughters this as well.
- Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle
Things to avoid
If you've ever had a UTI, you know how painful they can be. And many times women who get them will have more than one occurrence. Antibiotics can cure this infection but typically bring on secondary infections and side effects, and sometimes they just don't work at all. Some compare a urinary tract infection to pissing razor blades dipped in rubbing alcohol that have been set on fire! It's not a laughing matter. This being said, here are some things you will want to AVOID during a urinary tract infection.
- Caffeine-sorry no morning latte's! Or soda's!
- Any type of acidic creating food-this includes: most fruit, tomatoes, corn, bread, lentils, and almost all forms of meat and animal proteins. Basically don't eat and lose a few pounds.
- Vitamin C
- Tight clothes that irritate your skin
- Forget chugging cranberry juice, it is to high in the wrong kinds of sugar and is useless.
How to cure your UTI without antibiotics!
Now for the good news! The following will cure your UTI within 5-7 days, if you still experience symptoms after 7 days you should seek the help of a medical practitioner by the off chance it is not an e.coli infection. If you have a fever or extreme pain, seek medical attention, as this could be a sign that the infection has spread to your kidneys. I have used all of these suggestions when encountering a UTI, all have worked without antibiotic side effects or expensive trips to a doctor. D-mannose is the most important item on the list, it is completely safe as it is a simple sugar that binds with e.coli and flushes it from the system.
- The moment you feel symptoms coming on, take 1-2 tsp of baking soda and mix with 8oz of water. Drink this. This will neutralize the PH in your urine eliminating pain. Follow this with another 8oz of plain water after. Do this daily. Do not use more than 4 table spoons of baking soda a day, because you do not want to over neutralize the PH.
- Take 1000 mg of D-mannose, followed by 500 mg every 3-4 hours for 5-7 days. You do not have to worry about taking to much of this, it is only a form of sugar.
- Drink plenty of water all day long.
- Do not put off urinating, when you feel the urge to go, GO!
- For pain take catharis tablets, or Uva Ursi
- A heating pad will help reduce pain in the abdomen or lower back
- Sitting in a shallow tub of baking soda will also help pain
- Avoid acid rich food and beverages (SEE WHAT TO AVOID).
And there you have it. Cured! No antibiotics. As a preventative you can always take D-mannose. You will never have to deal with this painful type of infection again!
More by this Author
What is this strange skin condition? How does it start and how do you get rid of it? Full body rashes can be very scary, and this one, although harmless is one of them!
Naturally treat and remove skin tags and warts anywhere on your body. You will be surprised how easily you can do this without harmful, expensive pharmaceuticals. Just be patient—this works!
Fleas...disgusting, disease ridden, relentless breeding mini vampires. They are miserable to pets & humans. They also have the potential for illness and death. Here's how to destroy them!