How to Pick the Right Women's Nutritional Health Supplement
The health market is overrun with supplements aimed at women that seem to cure every disorder ever discovered and it is difficult to pick just the right one for your body and lifestyle. When selecting awomen's nutritional health supplement, it is important to consider certain variables like age, activity levels, current health conditions, diseases you are predisposed to because of genetics but also what you hope to gain from a new supplement. In general, it is a great step towards better health to consume a daily multi vitamin, but it is critical to do your homework first to insure that the supplement you choose in the end is one that you will want to take everyday for maximum health benefits.
Vitamins and minerals are important nutrients that your body requires so that particular life functions can be maintained properly. All vitamins and minerals, except for vitamin D, must be consumed. For the most part, widespread nutritional deficiencies no longer affect the women of developed countries thanks to modern food growing technology that allows us to get big yield from less land and to create more shelf stable foods.
Read on to learn about what vitamins and minerals your women's nutritional health supplement must have.
- Vitamin A. Your body uses beta carotene, found in yellow and orange produce mostly, to make vitamin A which helps fight off these free radicals.
- Vitamin C is a very admired nutrient and for good reasons. Not only does it help you fight off disease, it increases your ability to heal and helps with red blood cell creation.
- Vitamin E maintains healthy cell membranes which means you get stronger and healthier skin, hair and nails because of it.
- Calcium. You will need 1,000 mg of calcium each day. Start taking calcium at a young age in order to build a strong skeletal structure that can endure the aging process.
- Vitamin D is vital because without it, calcium cannot do its job. This is the only vitamin the human body is able to make on its own with sun exposure. Since few people with indoor jobs get enough sunlight each day, having vitamin D in a supplement is a good idea.
With those basic vitamins and minerals covered, you can begin looking at some optional supplements to fit your individual needs.
- Folic Acid. Pregnant women, or those who plan on becoming pregnant in the near future, are going to need large doses of the B vitamin folic acid. Folic acid is required for DNA formation so without proper amounts, a baby is at risk for birth defects.
- Calcium and Vitamin D. If you are facing menopause, you will want to step up your calcium and vitamin D consumption to keep your bones strong throughout this transformative stage of your life. You will need to increase your intake from 1,000 milligrams a day to 1,200 to 1,500 milligrams.
- Glucosamine is a great supplement for those who experience joint stiffness. This supplement keeps the cartilage in your joints healthy and flexible. This will help prevent arthritis, joint pain and stiffness.
- Valerian can be consumed for those who suffer from excess stress, panic attacks or anxiety. This herb affects the central nervous system and tells it to relax.
Deciding to take a daily women's nutritional health supplement is a decision towards better health. You will want to take the time to research about possible interactions with prescriptions you take and the supplements to want to try and talk these over with your health care provider. Discovering a combination of supplements that goes beyond just health maintenance is a life changing experience.
Learn more about picking a women's nutritional health supplement and additional fantastic foods and herbs that will improve your life with increased energy and a more efficient and overall healthy body.
More by this Author
Patches of hair loss in the beard is a special type of hair loss known as Alopecia Barbae. This situation is characterized by little circular shaped spots of facial hair loss. It is a kind of alopecia and falls in the...
A barometric pressure headache can happen when the air pressure surrounding you swiftly alters. These headaches are essentially migraines, which are inflamed blood vessels in the brain, and if the barometric pressure...
Ovarian cysts are a common medical concern in women. They are a natural part of the reproduction system though some can grow unchecked and cause a woman a lot of pain and even bodily harm. A cyst is a membrane that is...
No comments yet.