Yoga For Lumbar Disc Bulge
I am a 27-year-old individual working in a multinational company in Noida. As I have to sit all day long, I exercise in the gym every morning to keep myself flexible and fit. I am very health conscious and keep my weight in the normal range and stick to health food and drinks. I recently got an MRI screening of the lumbosacral spine done as advised by my orthopedist, although I was not having any back pain. The report came with the below-mentioned findings:
- Minimal bulge of L5-S1 intervetebral disc seen. No significant indentation is seen on the thecal sac and on exiting recess.
- Height and hydration status of the lumbar spine intervetebral disc is maintained. All lumbar vertebrae appear normal in height, morphology, and signal intensity.
- Straightening of the lumbar spine is seen.
- Facet degeneration is seen at L4-L5 and L5-S1 level with ligamentum flavum appearing normal.
- No evidence of any infective or metastatic lesion is seen.
- Spinal canal approximately A-P and lat dimensions is as follows:
- LI- L2 = AP 17 mm LAT 16 mm
- L2-L3 = AP 18 mm LAT 16 mm
- L3-L4 = AP 17 mm LAT 15 mm
- L4-L5 = AP 14 mm LAT 18 mm
- L5-S1 = AP 13 mm LAT 22 mm
- Conus medullaris ends at the L1 level and is normal in morphology and signal intensities. Nerves of cauda equina bear almost normal signals.
- No paravertebral soft-tissue abnormalities are noted.
Straightening of lumbar spine with mild bulge of L5-S1 intervertebral disc with few early degenerative changes
I have no pain as such, but I want to prevent this disease as it is in the early stages which can further transform into severe disc prolapse if not treated on time. I looked on Internet and I am doing some yoga asanas for lumbar disc bulge like:
- Setubandha sarvangasana
- Marichyasana III
- Supta padangusthasana
Please go through my yoga exercise routine and advise me if what I am doing the asanas in the right order? Do I need to add anymore or remove some asanas from the list.
Now here is the yoga treatment for disc bulge. Do the below-mentioned yoga asanas for first 1 week:
Standing Asanas -
Tadasana 10 breathings.
Ardha kati chakrasana 10 breathings ( both sides)
Ardha chakrasana 10 breathings
Lying down (supine position) -
Lying down (prone position) -
Bhujangasana 10 breathings
Consume 2 peppers plus two spoonful of honey plus 1 liter water every morning at 7.30 am.
Drink fresh sweet lime juice on a daily basis 3 times a day. Follow this advice and you will be able to cure lumbar disc bulge or prolapse in a matter of weeks. Following correct sitting posture in office is also highly recommended.
More by this Author
Cheeks84, I am also suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome plus hirstuism. I am a 26 year old women, height 5 feet 5 inches, current weight is 70 kg, and my periods were regular, but just some months before my...
Do you like people doing Roman chair, leg curls, and squats in the gym. Don't be shy. You can also do them. Read the tips here. Enjoy exercising.
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...