Yoga Health Benefits: Compose your Body, Mind and Soul
Yoga is a way of life. It is an integrated system of education for your body, mind and soul. Yoga is a practical aid, not a religion. It helps achieve communion with God.
The word 'Yoga' originates from the Sanskrit word 'Yuj' which means unify. Yoga helps you to establish your connect with Universal Soul.
Yoga asanas or yoga postures provide a gentle stretching for the muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints. When performed in a slow and relaxed manner, they can develop more than just the physical body. Yoga asanas work on the entre body-mind-soul complex.
Physical Health Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga postures help tone up your entire body, making it more supple and flexible. The free flowing and graceful movements of Yoga asanas make you more agile and alert.
- Primarily, the postures increase the flexibility of the spine as well as the joints, fight stiffness and pain, improve the range of movement and help tackle various loco-motor disorders, such as, arthritis, cervical spondylosis, and sciatica successfully.
- The various twisting movements of yoga, massage the internal organs of the body as well.
- Yoga improves blood circulation through the body, thus, ensuring ample supply of oxygen and nutrients to every cell in the body.
- Yoga postures are excellent to ensure that your gastric tract is working optimally. Asanas dispel gas, battle acidity and improve nutrient absorption.
- Yoga asanas promise to rejuvenate and strengthen your nervous system too.
- Regular practice is considered beneficial for the effective management of back pain, irritable bowel syndrome and sustained practice also helps lose weight quickly.
- Pranayama or 'controlled breathing' works on your respiratory tract, boosting and fortifying it. Pranayama promises to effectively treat a host of stubborn respiratory ailments, such as, asthma, bronchitis and allergic rhinitis.
Mental Health Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga promotes calmness and steadiness of the mind.
- It helps balance your emotions and improves your outlook on life.
- When your body and mind are constantly over worked, your productivity and efficiency greatly diminishes. Yoga helps soothe your mind, calm frayed nerves, gets rid of unwanted clutter, checks irritability and helps your mind go on that much needed holiday.
- Yoga also helps combat mood swings and reduces your sensory overload.
- it promises to help you banish all thoughts and feelings that are negative and counter-productive.
- Sustained practice of yoga helps you have a clearer mind, enhances your concentration and mindfulness and increases your ability to focus.
- Yoga poses encourage calmness, tranquility and peace.and helps you to de-stress.
Spiritual Health Benefits of Yoga: Connect to your Soul
- Yoga assists in spiritual awakening.
- The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ meaning to unify. Yoga helps you achieve union with the supreme power.
- Asanas help broaden the mental faculties and enhance spiritual capabilities.
- Yoga and meditation support positive thinking, purify the intellect and help you attain inner peace.
- The benefits of Yoga and meditation are profound.
It is very essential that you remember that regularity is the key, when it comes to Yoga. Experts recommend practicing at least an hour (per session) 3 to 4 times a week, for you to experience substantial and significant benefits.
More by this Author
Bile juices aid in the digestion of fats. During pregnancy however, bile reflux is fairly common and can lead to a host of unpleasent symptoms. Here are some herbs and home remedies along with some home based and...
Angular cheilitis is associated with formation of sores around the mouth and can be associated with several causes. The symptoms of the condition can be treated using home remedies and healthy diet.
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.