You Are Not Tired! --- TurboFire - Day 9
Burn it up!
TurboFire is just one of the many programs offered through BeachBody. It was created by fitness expert Chalene Johnson, who was also the mastermind behind the moves in the original carido kickboxing program Turbo Jam. This is a high intensity workout program that lasts for 12 weeks (20 weeks if you choose the advanced route!)
TurboFire, while it does include strength and core training, is centered around cardio and HIIT (high intensity interval training) classes that will result in high calories burned. The workouts range from just shy of an hour long to the shortest class (not including stretch) which is the HIIT 15. All of these are intense in their own way and as long as you push yourself, you will see your body starting to transform before your eyes.
My personal journey
I originally started this journey well over a year ago, and like so many others, I was unsuccessful. It wasn't until I dusted off my copy of P90X that things started changing. While my initial success was due to completing P90X (twice), I realized I need to switch things up before I got bored. That is when I decided to become a BeachBody coach. I would love to say I did it to help people access the tools to get into shape, but that isn't the truth. I did it for the discount. I really wanted to get TurboFire and I wanted to try the Shakeology, (which they brand as the healthiest meal of the day!) With the discount I could receive as a coach, I justified buying the program.
Now I have the best of both worlds. Not only did I get TurboFire at a discount (and who doesn't like to save!), but I also get to encourage others to get in better shape or just lead healthier lifestyles. If you are interested in TurboFire or any of the other BeachBody programs feel free to check out the products by visiting my BeachBody coach page. This is my personal journey and I love sharing it with others, but at no time do I want anyone to feel pressured into purchasing anything from me. However, if you are interested in the products and plan on purchasing them anyway, I won't decline the purchase either. For the most part, this is my personal journey and writing about it keeps me accountable. With TurboFire, I hope to finally reach my final goal.
This getting up in the morning is for the dogs, and frankly, my husband isn't really helping the situation any. This morning was another sleeping in kind of day. Instead of getting up and getting the workout in this morning like we were suppossed to, we postponed it until the evening. For me, this is irritating. The later in the day the workout gets pushed back, the more likely it is to get cancelled.
Luckily, the workout is a short one, and tomorrow is a day of rest. Today's workout is the TurboFire HIIT 20 class. These classes are different. At the time, you don't really think it is too bad. You are going to sweat and it is going to be intense, but for the most part, you finish the workout with energy to spare. That is when the next day hits you...
You guessed it. I don't know what is so evil about this workout, but pushing at that intensity will sure make a body sore. It is a good pain, but luckily a day of rest follows it!
What does a short workout mean?
What does a short workout mean?
No - it doesn't mean you have more time to take a shower!
No - it doesn't mean you are going to sweat less!
No - it doesn't mean you aren't getting a good workout!
You are probably wondering where I am going with this... Well, here it is... a short workout means you have time to do another one!
Yes, I know! The thought is crazy. Or maybe I am just a little crazy. But, if you have set aside an hour a day to workout and you only use 15 or 20 minutes of that time, you still have some leftover to do something more.
So what can you do with this extra time?
- Go for a run! Running is a great calorie burner and will just add to the burn from doing a HIIT workout.
- Do a workout video. There are several videos out there. Find something fun that you enoy doing. Just stay away from other HIIT classes.
- Play catch in the backyard. Playing catch is a great way to also get your kids active. So, with this extra time, bond with your kids and burn some calories while you do it!
- Go for a walk. This is a great activity if you want to keep things low impact. Your still moving so you will still be burning the calories!
- Belly Dancing - I have tried all kinds of workouts and I absolutely love Belly Dancing. Not only is it fun, but it is a great way to tone the core.
- Play the Wii. The Wii is just one of the gaming platforms that allows you to get up and move. So if you want to play some games, do it and move it. Xbox and the Playstation 3 also have similiar games available. So play those video games like your health depends on it!
- Strength training! So you might be done with killer cardio, but no one said you needed to stop there. Throw in some crunches and some pushups so you can feel the burn all over! After all, your six-pack abs are begging to come out!
The options are endless. And since it was a short workout, you have the time. For me, I have been working on my running. What are you going to do for your extra workout?
More by this Author
Turbo Fire is an intense cardio kickboxing class created by Chalene Johnson. It is a 12 week program that not only includes cardio, but also includes High Intensity Interval Training, and strength and core work. It will...
If you found a program that promised results in a short five days, could you make the commitment? Here are real results from the Turbo Fire Inferno Plan!
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...