Fight Aging and Stress with Acerola Berry: Quick Serve Recipes for Acerola Berry
Native to South America and Mexico, the acerola berry is packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants which are considered decidedly effectual in fighting stress and decelerating the process of aging.
clinical trials suggest that the berry helps battle oxidative stress which is known to trigger a host of deadly ailments; it helps lower blood sugar levels; has a role to play in preventing cancers; and cosmetically promises you to help you look younger.
Acerola Berry Nutritional Features
- Acerola berry is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an integral component of the immune system and is essential for the formation of collagen. Further, it provides protection against hypertension, cardiovascular ailments and cataract. Acerola berry contains thirty times more Vitamin C compared to oranges and lime with greater amount of Vitamin C in the unripe fruit.
- The berry contains loads of polyphenols which are wonderful antioxidants.
- In addition, Acerola berry supplies other nutrients like Vitamin A, iron and calcium
Acerola Berry to Fight Aging and Stress
- Antioxidants fight free radicals (which are responsible for destruction and damage of healthy cells) and thereby prevent premature aging. Acerola has been found to enhance immunity levels and protect the body from external stressors like allergens, pollutants, smoke, etc.
- The Acerola berry is packed with Vitamin C which is an essential nutrient to maintain a healthy and wrinkle free skin and fight the process of aging. The fruit speeds up injury repair and delays the appearance of crowfeet, fine lines and wrinkles and discoloration of the skin. Further, Acerola berry is known to act as a natural skin bleach, and promises you a healthy, blemish free and glowing skin.
- Acerola berries are low in calories and help in losing weight and also lowers the level of glucose in blood and thereby keeps diabetes under control.
Quick Serve Recipes for Acerola berry
- Prepare a healthy and delicious smoothie by blending acerola berries with yogurt. Alternatively, dice acerola berries and add them to fresh frozen yogurt.
- The berries can be added to chilled soup. Poach the berries till they become soft and then puree them. Add some honey to the puree. Garnish the soup with cream or yogurt and consume it when it is cold.
- Consuming acerola berries with melted chocolate dip is a delicious snack. Alternatively, one can freeze the berries dipped in chocolate and eat as a mid day or evening snack.
Acerola Berry for the Skin
Vitamin C is a 'skin' vitamin; i.e. it helps keep your skin healthy, smooth and younger looking. The acerola berry is chockfull of vitamin C; thus, it exerts powerful beneficial effects on your skin.
Acerola helps build collagen, regenerates damaged skin tissue and helps your skin look more youthful. The berry fights the disagreeable signs of aging, is beneficial for the management of skin conditions such as acne and pigmentation and gives you a healthy and radiant glow.
More by this Author
A Vegetarian diet is closely linked with higher life expectancy and delayed aging. Protiens found in non- vegetarian diet is known to result in premature aging and early death. A Vegan Diet coupled with a healthy...
Muscle knots in the back are often responsible for severe back pain and muscle spasms. There are several home based treatment options to manage back pain along with diet and supplements to treat painful muscle knot...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.
No comments yet.