With out getting out my anatomy books and being able to perform an analysis on you. Id first guess that if it was carpal tunnel you'd know it. Since that usually also comes with lose of sensation, and tingling first before more serious implications come later on.
My suggestion is it is caused by over used wrist flexion. (Such as your hand on the computer mouse) and weakened extensiors.
1. Get it checked out by a Physiotherapist or Athletic Therapist.
2. Begin stretching your forarms and wrists out if you can with out pain.
3. Begin more hand and definitly forearm exercises
4. Place Warm or Cool cloth on top of your wrist when its bad. Reason I say both is, its amazing how some people swear by one vs the other regardless of science.
5. Lastly........ Stop being on the hubpages so much :)