My wife had an attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) 5 years ago, and has recovered 90%. She can dance and do whatever she wants. Her joints occasionally ache, and she gets tired easily. That's all.
As we researched people, we found that many people have left arthritis behind, including the more difficult RA. But their stories are left out of the medical literature - even when the people who healed themselves were doctors!
As we researched holistic and alternative solutions, we found these five, which have worked for different people:
- Prayer. My wife made a prayer, "Lord, may I serve you by inspiring others. If it be your will, let me be healed, and inspire people that way. If not, let me be an inspiration in how I live with my illness."
- Sun. Spending time in natural sunlight with no sunscreen, but not in the middle of the day. If it seems right, also take Vitamin D supplements.
- Eliminate foods that make you ache. For my wife, that included trans fats, saturated fat (that is, animal fat), and wheat. Artificial flavors, colors, and additives should go, too.
- Herbs. My wife found curcumin (an extract of turmeric) very helpful. Other remedies work for other people.
- Intestinal cleansing or juice fasting. My wife did only a little of this. But, back in the 1920s, Dr. Bernard Jensen not only eliminated RA, but also reversed crippling spinal arthritis using juice fasts.
- Appropriate exercise. My wife dances on a mini-trampoline, and rides her bike to work in the sunlight every day.
Many other things have helped, too. I'm a Reiki master, and give her energy healing. I teach qigong (Chinese healing exercise), and we're using that to increase her energy and get rid of the last pain in her joints. There is no certainty in life or healing, but the experience of those around me is that arthritis, RA, and many other autoimmune disorders can be much improved, or even driven into remission, by natural, spiritual, and healthy means.