BritInTexas profile image 81

Is it really possible to completely recover from depression & anxiety?

I'm talking about moderate-severe anxiety and depression. Is it really possible to COMPLETELY recover, solely with the aid of medications? And if so, which meds work the best for both disorders combined?

nochance profile image90

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) says

• raymondphilippe profile image

Raymond Philippe (raymondphilippe) 4 years ago

I agree. Therapy and medication (depending on how severe the depression/anxiety is) often make a huge difference. In many cases people can recover to a degree that they can live without medication and/or therapy.

AlanRimmer profile image81

AlanRimmer says

• BritInTexas profile image

BritInTexas 4 years ago

Thankyou, Alan, that is very insightful. I have often questioned whether the frequency of therapy/counseling meetings, plays a part in the speed of recovery.

BritInTexas profile image81

BritInTexas says

• nochance profile image

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) 4 years ago

You would have to talk to a therapist and ask them. It depends on your particular situation. Also if you feel unsure about a therapist don't be afraid to switch to a different one. You want to be comfortable with them.