JesadaB profile image 80

Fibromyalgia pain, how do I lessen it without drugs?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and experience a great deal of pain, any suggestions on how to lessen it without drugs? Thanks!

artist101 profile image84

Sherrie Westerfield, Cpht (artist101) says

• JesadaB profile image

JesadaB 4 years ago

Hi artist101, Thank you for the comment! I am not sure what my underlying condition could be as many doctors have run many tests and found nothing. I will have to look into finding what they have not tested me for and go from there. Thanks!

Pamela99 profile image84

Pamela Oglesby (Pamela99) says

• JesadaB profile image

JesadaB 4 years ago

Thanks Pamela99! Yes I tried Lyrica and it did not work for me other than I gained about 30 pounds of the 70 I had lost when I was diagnosed with diabetes so it was not a good fit for me. I did have the 11-18 test and mine was a 13 on the point test.

• JesadaB profile image

JesadaB 4 years ago

duffsmom I am so sorry to hear that, I have been prescribed several narcotics and none of them have ever worked as well as the ibuprofen but it still only takes the edge off. I am just very frustrated with the limits my body puts on me now. Good luck

0

• JesadaB profile image

JesadaB 4 years ago

JThomp42 I enjoyed reading your response very much, I do try to do yoga when I can. I also have diabetes and as for the work well I have not been able to work for about 2 years now I cannot stand nor sit for long periods. Thanks for the advice!!

DawnsWatch profile image60

DawnsWatch says

• JesadaB profile image

JesadaB 4 years ago

Thanks DawnsWatch! I will have to try some of those techniques and see if they will work for me, unfortunately I cannot sit or stand for long periods without pain and numbness. I feel very betrayed by my body. Good luck to you!

WVBards profile image61

Fibromyalgia Daughter (WVBards) says