somethgblue profile image 91

Is addiction stupid?

Since so many people think they have the ultimate control in their lives and are pillars of the community, I gotta ask is addiction just a stupid choice?

Mighty Mom profile image91

Best Answer Susan Reid (Mighty Mom) says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

You have nailed it exactly and once you have it it is with you for life. Cunning , Baffling and Powerful!

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

I asked the question because so many people easily identify other peoples' character defects without first looking why they are unable to identify their own.

stanwshura profile image67

stanwshura says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

So, no. Addiction can be harmful, expensive and devastating. But it can't fairly be called "stupid".

That one sentence was a good answer, the rest is just mental masturbation which suggest that you are addicted to your own written words.

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

You can't provide links in answers to questions, it isn't allowed, so it has nothing to do with being a dinosaur. I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict with eight years of continued sobriety.

I asked this question to prove a point

seajon profile image76

Jon (seajon) says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

Addiction has no cure however it does have a treatment, which requires the development of faith in a power greater than oneself. This lack of faith is a character defect that is easier to recognize in others, hence the mental disease!

jandee profile image48

jandee says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

Haven't heard from you in awhile Jandee, I rarely ask a question I don't already know the answer to. The question was designed to create the point that some choices we make in life are not immeadiately recognized as a mistake.

Keith Ham profile image60

Keith Ham says

• somethgblue profile image

somethgblue 4 years ago

Addiction goes way beyond blame, an addict blames no one but themselves and certainly doesn't blame the drug. Which begs the question how old are you?

No one makes the choice to be addicted, they simple believe they're in control of their choices!

edhan profile image60

edhan says