leni sands profile image 84

If you had bad breath would you want some one to tell you or would you be offended?

If bad breath was a problem and you were unaware of it would you want someone to tell you about it? If so, how would someone go about telling someone that they have a bad breath problem without offending them. I know occasionally it has happened to me and my other half has told me - but I've got used to his straight talk and just pop in a breath mint or some breath chewing gum but if I had to tell someone they had bad breath I wouldn't want to do it the way my other half does because I might get thumped! All answers gratefully received, thank you...

innerspin profile image87

innerspin says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

Yes, I agree, my other half and I have a sort of understanding and if we are out and about he will usually say 'have you got any mints,' or vice versa

Goody5 profile image83

Goody5 says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

I just hope that when I speak to this person that the reaction is the same as yours. In my job I have to deal with all sorts and I had to send someone home one time because his personal hygiene was pretty whiffy - I hate having to do this..thanks

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

I also always have mints to hand - I think your friend was probably both embarrassed and shocked but I think a lot of people who have severe bad breath might also have a digestive health problem so it is important that they know. Is she still a pal?