abbykorinnelee profile image 79

What do you think of the addition of a sub-category Social Communication Dis in the DSM5?

The DSM4 is being changed for DSM5 in diagnostic criteria for ASD. What are some concerns and fears these changes will do? Are there any benefits you can see? Do you know how they have addressed the concerns and if they have modified any of the changes? Please feel free to give as much information as possible. Do you have experience with ASD? What are the additions to defining PDD-NOS and Aspergers? Do you think the addition of the Social Comm Dis would alleviate the chance too many kids wouldn't get diagnosed? \ Trying this again since the first time around it got mixed up.

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) 3 years ago

Thank you for your insight. I thought the topic was very important as the revision of the DSMV is due to be released in May. My son is also Autistic so I know the autsim community could use others input.