cam8510 profile image 94

What was the last experience that positively changed your life?

Here is my story. In 2008, following my wife's death from cancer, I began to drink heavily. A year later I received a DUI. I spent the following two years in a court program called Sobriety Court. It was an awesome experience because of the attitude I had going in. I knew I had a problem and accepted everything the court asked of me as appropriate and reasonable. I did not complain, but complied. At the end of the two years, when I graduated from the program, I was a different person and I remain a different person. I am alcohol free and my life has a spiritual (not religious) base.

Stina Caxe profile image87

Best Answer Cristina (Stina Caxe) says

• annart profile image

Ann Carr (annart) 3 years ago

What a lovely story. Good luck to you and your daughter. You're both very brave.

annart profile image87

Ann Carr (annart) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 3 years ago

Ann, yours is the first answer and I'm already prepared to choose Best Answer. Grand children. How nice that must be. I have two sons who are really dragging their feet on the subject. I can tell you adore them. They will never forget these days

Tayshia profile image62

Tayshia says

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 3 years ago

liesl5858,That is a very powerful story. Might I suggest you think about writing a hub that describes some of the steps you took that others might find helpful? Thanks for sharing that with us here.

GracIe Leonhart profile image57

GracIe Leonhart says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 3 years ago

Gracie, those are difficult experiences, but sometimes those are the ones that make us stronger and teach us much needed lessons. At least that has been my experience.