Abby Campbell profile image 94

What are your thoughts on intermittent fasting?

You've probably heard a lot about intermittent fasting (IF) this last week on media channels. The media has been reporting IF as the latest diet craze that has come to the U.S. from England. However, it's actually been around for some time. There are several approaches to IF, but the main approach is to eat whenever and whatever you want for 5 days per week. Then fast for the weekend (2 days in a row) with no more than 400-800 calories per day. What are your thoughts about this IF protocol?

Get Thin for Good profile image85

Best Answer Claire Carradice (Get Thin for Good) says

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

Thanks for your answer, Get Thin for Good. I agree. I only think of fasting as "detoxing." It's not a good diet for fat loss, but it could be a side effect of detoxing.

Kathryn Stratford profile image91

Kathryn (Kathryn Stratford) says

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

Thanks for your answer, Tim. I also have a different connotation on fasting than weight loss, for the same reasons you mentioned. The intermittent fasting is an ongoing diet with fasting and overindulging - definitely not wise for diabetics.