Emanate Presence profile image 86

How have you used chanting, mantras, toning or sound in your meditative or spiritual practice?

Emanate Presence profile image86

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

• manatita44 profile image

manatita44 3 years ago

EP.

I feel sad and hurt with your penultimate paragragh, however carefully worded. I would laugh at someone else, but not you. You are extremely busy, but it may be useful to re-visit my Hubs.

To digress here, Dawn wanted your name. I have sent it.

Sri T profile image81

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 3 years ago

May I ask which mantra you chant? It came to me today to write a hub about the subject of the question. I understand if you prefer not to mention it publically. I am now following your writings. If you feel so, see the hub 'Hawaii O Hawaii.'

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Wow, what a powerful answer to this question. You have inspired me to look further into several of the directions you mentioned. Thank you for introducing me/us to some concepts that may be new to us. Peace be to you as well, Manatita44.

Renee Abbott profile image85

Renee Abbott says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Aloha Renee, How beautiful! We were on the islands from 2001 - 2004. Wrote a poem into a video hub, Hawaii O Hawaii. May I quote from you in the hub-to-be on chants & mantras? May be awhile. Will check the YouTube video & visit your profile.

Laura Schneider profile image92

Laura Schneider says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Laura, this is so rich in feeling and realness. Kati has a singing bowl and hearing her play it is always uplifting & inspiring to me. You reminded me of the Woodpecker song my Dad sang to get him through. It was the closing song at his funeral.

teacherjoe52 profile image57

teacherjoe52 says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Yes, I understand that. When I wrote notes on my lifetime experiences, one was the high Mass sung in Latin. Another was Pentecostal Christian glossolalia and another Christian songs which were talking with Jesus. Besides Buddhist & other chants.