mbwalz profile image 87

Have you ever had Reiki done?

If you did, did was it by a friend, a certified practitioner, or a nurse - say in a hospital setting?

msperfecthealth profile image82

Edie OReilly (msperfecthealth) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

That's great! I work on my family too, but also have paying clients - occasionally. I had an office but was not able to make a go of it.

SidKemp profile image93

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

That's excellent progress with your cat - I've heard that cats are sometimes hard to work on. I'm glad that it has helped you and your wife. I have a chronic illness too and am able to help myself but not when in pain. I love practicing it on others.

LongTimeMother profile image96

LongTimeMother says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

That's amazing. It never ceases to amaze me how our bodies can heal with help. The Reiki doesn't heal, just opens it to heal. I'm glad you both became Reiki Masters!

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Reiki works by slowing the nervous system down, quieting the "fight or flight" system we operate in during modern life, allowing for the "healing" part of your system to work. I would never promise cure, only relaxation so your body can do it's best.

starstream profile image75

Dreamer at heart (starstream) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

That's excellent! Yes, although Reiki isn't right for everyone and can't cure everyone, it is powerful and really amazing!

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

It's certainly easy to be skeptical of Reiki. They know it works, but have not yet identified exactly how. Many Reiki practitioners add new age stuff to it which can make it confusing. I do ONLY Reiki and everyone experiences it differently.

SJLA profile image60

SJLA says

velvet53 profile image60

velvet53 says

• LongTimeMother profile image

LongTimeMother 3 years ago

You were out of the hot tub and dressed again before she started the Reiki though, weren't you velvet53 ?? Otherwise it sounds as though it was different to traditional Reiki.

renewalof48 profile image60

Donia Gonzales-Copeland (renewalof48) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Can you tell us more about healing hands?