Emanate Presence profile image 86

What are the root causes of the hunger for attention, approval and/or acknowledgement?

And how can a person who chooses to be self-contained and emotionally mature move beyond these needs? I see the causes for seeking attention, etc., in myself, have chosen to move beyond them, and have found (through personal reflection, intuitive knowing and life experience) ways that work well for me. I am interested to read what others will share.

skperdon profile image85

skperdon says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 3 years ago

Excellent. The way out of the mental self-imprisonment of neediness for attention/approval is a shift in the way one looks at oneself and the world. It is helpful to *feel* the grand design, the greater reality - to experience it in the body. Thanks!

SidKemp profile image93

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• connorj profile image

John Connor (connorj) 3 years ago

Research to support Left-Right brain localization has been refuted...

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

And do you feel personally that moving completely beyond this stage is possible and desirable? I do see evidence that the feeling of a lack of attention in childhood can haunt a person through life if not consciously addressed. Great significance!

IDONO profile image81

IDONO says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Idono, you have made an astute observation. Huge ego and low self esteem are the same as 'incomplete human' (comment to Darksage.) How can this be addressed? Self-awareness, passion to be whole, and relentless inner work. Letting go & re- pattern

Emanate Presence profile image86

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

Darksage profile image83

Khen Ramos (Darksage) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Yes, I understand this, and do not contradict you. I am wondering though, are we 'whole humans'? Or are we incomplete, functioning at far less than our wholeness because we don't face issues like neediness for attention and growing into maturity?

WalterPoon profile image92

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Yes, leaving the group is a way to not make oneself small by striving for a feeling of acceptance or belonging. Staying self-contained and true to oneself while participating in such a group can be isolating - unless a person is also self-content.