Emanate Presence profile image 87

In what ways do you bridge between the virtual HubPages community and whole person interaction?

Answering questions and responding with comments online can be fun and informative, yet for me it always feels 'split off' from a whole experience of having real dynamics with others. // Is that because this virtual communication, even when written thoughtfully and with some heart, is still mental? // It feels at times almost like sitting across the table, or around a campfire, but never fully and only in mental imagination. It does not involve the whole person. // So I am wondering, has anyone else felt this? Do you ever meet in person with other hubbers over a cup of coffee in your area?

Becky Katz profile image85

Becky Katz says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 3 years ago

Becky, glad to hear that your in-person contact was a fun experience.

Twice, in the 90s, I also met in-person with online contacts. As I look back, those were really pivotal experiences. Stories in themselves & positive life-changing for everyon

Lisa HW profile image80

Lisa HW says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Lisa HW,

The only words of your answer I do not agree with are, 'This will sound very unfriendly...' None of the answer sounded unfriendly.

It sounded direct, honest and real. Also insightful & enriching!

I look for deeper dialog, not friends.

• Emanate Presence profile image

I love it!

virtual = almost

virtual & 'actual'? - yet effect & inspiration are the comparison

'word' is a word with horns - haha! - my ' is for looks.

the purpose, hubs. - yes, HP's purpose. yet why change something into what it is not?

Emanate Presence profile image87

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says