Sharicey profile image 60

Has anyone else experience multiple chemical sensitivity?

I strongly think I have multiple chemical sensitivity. It seems like I have reactions to so many daily items like make up ( for example). I was wondering if anyone else on HP has experienced this or has any recommendations on coping with it. I just try to avoid the things I know I react to it feels like the list gets longer and it gets harder. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Sharicey profile image

Sharice (Sharicey) 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Sounds a lot like me. It does get tiresome and I accept it. Its a way of life and I wouldn't go back to wearing make up or my old habits. But I get worried if it is the sign of something greater. Or something treatable. Thx again

fmbaxter profile image60

Felicia M. Baxter MD (fmbaxter) says

• Sharicey profile image

Sharice (Sharicey) 3 years ago

Very true! Its unfortunate how much we are exposed to. Great advice. Benadryl is great for histamine response symptoms. Thanks!

Borsia profile image58

Borsia says

• Sharicey profile image

Sharice (Sharicey) 3 years ago

You have inspired me to keep researching and write a hub about it because actually there is a difference between allergies and sensitivity. Allergy provokes an antihistamine response. Sensitivity provokes an array of symptoms like headaches. Thanks!