sort by best latest
Insane Mundane says
As a long-time sufferer from Mould allergies (Hay Fever in all weathers!) I feel that any bad reaction to alcohol is not caused by the allergy but by the medication. Usually the medications used contain ingredients known to cause problems.
Yes that is a factor that most people forget. But I'm trying to research potential root causes for people who suffer from the inability to tolerate alcohol and anything fermented. My theory is that mold potentially plays a role in it. Thx 4 Sharing!
- See all 2 commentsHide extra comments
Yes, something I overlooked at first. My theory is that yeast being that it is a fungus/mold and can be present in fermented things and alcohol can contribute to an inability consumer alcohol. What do you think? I would love to know what others think
Yeast is also in a lot of baked goods and bread, so that doesn't seem likely. Going by that logic, you couldn't eat mushrooms either, since they are a fungi. Some people just can't handle alcohol, plain and simple.
Correct, mushrooms are a fungi and some people with mold allergies can't eat them and some are advised not to because they have mold allergies. Basically I'm trying research what factor mold allergies can play in food allergies and intolerance....
Oh... Well, going by the title of your question, I thought you were talking about alcohol intolerance relating to mold allergies.
yes I have a specific interest in alcohol intolerances because it is often something that is over looked but some times is the symptom of something greater. Thanks for your input.
- See all 5 commentsHide extra comments