Say Yes To Life profile image 86

I keep having eye pain after cataract surgery, and now my vision is blurry. WHAT'S WRONG???!!!

I'm having problems getting off the eyedrop meds. I was given Ketorolac and Prednisolone to use 3 times a day for a month. When I stopped, my eye became extremely sore and sensitive to light, so I resumed and tapered off to twice, then once a day, then every 36 hours, then every other day for 3 times.I finally stopped altogether last Thursday. On Monday, my vision became blurry with a dark spot in the middle. I saw my eye doctor yesterday; he could find nothing wrong; he said it was a withdrawal reaction to the steroid. Today my eye is painful and sensitive again. WILL I GET MY VISION BACK?!

CraftytotheCore profile image96

Best Answer CraftytotheCore says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 3 years ago

Thanks for answering. I believe it's withdrawal symptoms, too. I was not told to wean off it; I had to make up my own schedule. Since writing the question, my eye is no longer painful, only irritated. I hope I see better tomorrow!

Say Yes To Life profile image86

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says