Sushma Webber profile image 90

Do you think the practice of Being in the NOW is good for stress relief?

Mindfulness meditation or the book 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle has made the Being in the NOW a popular idea. I would like to know if there are people out there who practice it regularly for gaining stress relief or for general well-being. I have been practicing it and have found that it has been very helpful.

• Sushma Webber profile image

Sushma Webber 3 years ago

Well said. The ultimate goal would be to live in the eternal, however the first step would be get out the cycle of being either present in the past or in the future in our minds and focus on the moment which is NOW.

• Sushma Webber profile image

Sushma Webber 3 years ago

When I asked about being in the moment, it was not about neglecting whatever needs to be done. If we paid attention and took time to plan ahead all the while being present to the task at hand, we can also avoid being unpunctual.

Ruby H Rose profile image81

Maree Michael Martin (Ruby H Rose) says

• Sushma Webber profile image

Sushma Webber 3 years ago

I guess any meditative practice is about being in the present and recognizing where you are. One can focus the mind to a preferred idea or object, that is one way to make it still instead of jumping from one idea to another.

edhan profile image60

edhan says

• Sushma Webber profile image

Sushma Webber 3 years ago

Thanks Edhan, for your comment. Good idea to do meditation after a long stressful day.