ChristinS profile image 93

How do you manage cabin fever and/or winter blues?

It has been a very long, cold winter throughout much of the US. Often in places that are not used to such extremes. It can lead to anxiety, feeling claustrophobic etc. What are the best ways to deal with feelings of cabin fever and winter blues for those who are not used to this kind of weather?

WiccanSage profile image95

Mackenzie Sage Wright (WiccanSage) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I have always been a big time fall cleaner. Everyone talks about spring cleaning, but I do it big projects in the fall for precisely that reason :). Hang in there for your hibernation season.

Rev. Akins profile image83

Rev. Akins says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

My kids have missed a lot of days too. I keep them doing crafts and other hands on projects they enjoy to prevent the overdose on TV programs. :) I do clean, but ugh. lol.

Mikeg422 profile image79

Michael Gill (Mikeg422) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I had considered doing this. When it's sunny even when it's cold I do sit in the sunlight and soak up as much as possible - it definitely helps. When it rains/snows all the time it's worse for sure.

Sheri Faye profile image86

Sheri Dusseault (Sheri Faye) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I practice meditation almost daily and it has the same effect for awhile. Unfortunately I have to open my eyes and come back to the cold winter lol :)

Borsia profile image58

Borsia says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

Yes, and I agree and that is the goal when the kids are out of school lol :) But for now, I am stuck in this cold desolate hell - ok maybe that's an exaggeration ;).

William Slater profile image60

William Slater says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I work as a freelancer and I've definitely been more productive that's for sure.

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

Definitely keeping busy seems to be a theme. I write for work, so I almost have to escape it and get busy doing something else for awhile, but I can see how it would help for sure - like an escape.

0

SandCastles says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

we only have streaming netflix and no cable :) I play music a lot except when working or it can distract me. I could not hack Canada, you are a tougher person than I lol.

0

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I redid my office space this winter to make it function better. I like the idea of going somewhere to have something different to look at. I might go to the butterfly house sometime next week. 80 degrees and full of butterflies! :)