tsadjatko profile image 77

Why do people indulge smoking cigarettes or pot, drinking or pills when they know the effects will

KILL them? Do they have a deathwish? A doctor on his morning walk, noticed the old lady pictured below: She was sitting on her front step smoking a cigarette, so he walked up to her and said, “I couldn't help but notice how happy you look! What is your secret to long life?” “I smoke two packs a day,” she said. “Before I go to bed, I smoke a nice big joint. Apart from that, I drink a quart bottle of Jack Daniels every day, and eat only junk food. On weekends, I pop pills, have sex, and I don’t exercise at all. “That is absolutely amazing said the Doctor! How old are you?” “Forty,” she replied.

tirelesstraveler profile image87

Best Answer Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

Well that is the closest to a "stream of consciousness" answer I've seen on Q&As. I like it! Here is a "sofc" comment. If alcoholism or other addictions are genetic "diseases" we discourage& if homosexuality is hard wired too, why encourage i

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

Thanks for the answer manatita. If people answered the question I suppose we'd get tips on how to improve. But for most, facing reality is a hard thing to do. I'm one of the few who when told it's bad for you I had no desire to even try anything.