glassvisage profile image 82

Any tips on how to walk 24 hours straight?

I participate in the American Cancer society's fundraiser Relay for Life every year, and this year I want to bump up my donations by walking for the entire 24-hour event. I have heard it's been done before but I am certainly nervous I won't be able to finish. I've run two marathons, however, and feel I am in good shape. From Internet research, it looks like comfortable socks and shoes are key. Any other tips for training, preparation, etc. would be much appreciated!

Copper Man profile image84

Lane Olinghouse (Copper Man) says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 2 years ago

I think that is great advice and will really make a difference. Thank you so much!

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 2 years ago

Thank you so much - I hadn't even considered that side of this experience and I'm very glad you pointed it out. I think that will have a lot to do with finishing...

Larry Fields profile image91

Larry Fields says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 19 months ago

Thank you for the information!

PhoenixV profile image79

PhoenixV says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 2 years ago

Thank you! I am dreading the blisters but will do my best to prevent them, and have Band-Aids handy :) The linament is a great idea!