peeples profile image 88

What can cause a rash like this only on a child's face?

Ok I know the pic is slightly hard to see, but the rash is covering most of her face. It is predominately on her cheeks and nose. I called the doctor and told them she had a rash and a fever and they said likely a virus and to call back to get her in if not better in couple days. I have three kids and none have ever gotten a rash on their face with a virus (back, sides, and belly usually). Anyone seen this with just a virus?

Alison Graham profile image91

Alison Graham says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Thanks. At least that is an easy virus that normally goes away on it's own. It would be nice if it was just a virus.

amiebutchko profile image94

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Thanks for the answer. As of now if it's a virus she has no other symptoms except fever, so I'll hope it doesn't get worse.

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Sure enough I posted this and noticed minutes later it is in fact spreading down her arms now. Seems more noticeable when outside. Nothing new used on her. More annoying for me though than her I think. Hoping for virus, easier than an allergy!

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

She spent the day with her grandmother who says she did put sunblock on her, but I am wondering now, could an allergy cause a fever?