peeples profile image 88

Anyone ever get Lidocain injection for pain?

I got 2 Lidocain shots today at the ER. One in my shoulder and one behind my ear. This was my first time ever getting them and the ER, well they weren't very professional. I am concerned because 5 - 6 hours later and my arm is still numb. I tried calling the ER but they do not take questions over the phone. My personal doctor is closed for the week (yes I said week, turned Labor day into Labor week, weird huh?). Anyone know if this is normal?

Best Answer MizBejabbers says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Ok Thank you. I did have a minimal amount of numbing this morning but it has gone away now so I guess I shouldn't be concerned. Thanks for the info. I wish the ER would have thought to tell me.

Jlbowden profile image80

James Bowden (Jlbowden) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

The pain and stiffness of the muscles they injected into were causing me to be unable to move the entire right side of my body. They claimed it would numb the pain and relax the muscle, which it sort of did, but numbness is lingering longer than told

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says