How do you resist or escape temptation?

We are all human and are tempted each day. We can be tempted by our cravings for those certain foods we really should not eat, shopping too much or sometimes easily drawn into gossiping when we know we should not and then there are the more serious issues of temptations which can all certainly lead us down the wrong path. When you are faced with something that temps you, how do you resist it or escape it? Thank you for answering.

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

Wow, dashingscorpio, you have provided great insight here as to the human condition! I do allow myself one treat day on my diet for that very reason. So true as to anything we place high value on for sure! Great quote, and perfect for this question

Venkatachari M profile image85

Venkatachari M says

Hello Ven, thank you so much for answering. Sweets are so hard to resist no doubt, for me too. I understand about the wife, being I am one!

suzettenaples profile image89

Suzette Walker suzettetaos (suzettenaples) says

Hi Suzzette, oh, me too, on the chocolate. Prayer is truly the only thing that helps me with those serious temptations and crying out to the Lord! Hahaha on the cold shower ... that is actually a great solution LOL I appreciate your great answers.

Frank Atanacio profile image75

Frank Atanacio says

Always ... dear Frank, I do understand believe me. Yes, there is a song, well, many songs on temptation... "Temptation Eyes" The flesh is a powerful thing when it gets out of control. I appreciate the honest answer : )

Thanks Kevin. For most if a temptation is a strong one, it is not that easy, but I am glad it is easy for you to do so. Blessings

Sunshine625 profile image84

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) says

Haha ... Yes, why resist ... in the area of sweet desserts! Chocolate is my number one hard to resist too, and so I don't resist that craving. Life is too short to miss out on chocolate. You have your plan down that works. Thank you for sharing!

tlmcgaa70 profile image70

tlmcgaa70 says

Hello tlmcgaa70, yes, He will certainly always provide an escape as He tells us in His word. Our temptations may be ever so strong, but we can overcome all things through Christ who strengthens us no doubt. Thank you for answering!

connorj profile image81

John Connor (connorj) says

thomasczech profile image47

thomasczech says

Hello thomasczech, Yes, it certainly is all around us ... Jesus helps me too when I look up to Him. He will ALWAYS provide an escape! Great answer.

bibliopola profile image54

Işın Tuzcular (bibliopola) says

Hello bibliopola, Yes, mine is chocolate ... anything chocolate. Sweets (sugar) are almost like an addiction, but food can truly become an addiction real quick. One must have that mindset of a lifestyle change.

erorantes profile image35

Ana Maria Orantes (erorantes) says

Hi erorantes, You are very wise as to think about the consequences of your actions, for once that instant gratification for whatever is gone then .... no good at all will come of it in the future most likely. Thank you for your insight!