fpherj48 profile image 81

Do you have a serious phobia or 2 and simply accept that it is what it is and live with it..

OR...have you considered therapy to try to get through it and no longer have to deal with it?

JayeWisdom profile image94

Best Answer Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Jaye.Yes it is more common than we think & for the sufferers is quite debilitating. I've had a small taste of what it must be like, because I had a short bout myself, but it was after serious trauma, so it was basically just getting over it. Than

Genna East profile image88

Genna East says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Genna...Maybe you know this, but your "fear of clowns" is more common than others would think. Apparently this begins in childhood (which makes sense) Just recently my eldest son told me he HATES clowns. Hate must be the macho fear! LOL

bravewarrior profile image95

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

ladders & panic? I used to try to fight my fear of heights. got up on ladder to wash windows & FROZE in utter fear & panic. Stood there totally still, crying for over an hour til my husband came home from work!! I was 8 mos. pregnant! d

MizBejabbers says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Of course it's their fault! Isn't everything our parents fault? Seems to me that's the one thing that continually gets handed down automatically.......since Adam & Eve to be exact, if we believe that tale!

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 2 years ago

That's horrid! Roaches are disgusting. Phobias are "irrational" fears. I think you have a rational fear of roaches!

Austinstar profile image78

Austinstar says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Oh yes, they are real. As strange as you think yours may have been, there are some beyond belief. This makes it so much worse, because the victim is too embarrassed to even speak of it. Glad you handled yours.