dashingscorpio profile image 85

Do you believe photos of a fit woman post pregnancy is "fat shaming" or inspiring?

Just recently Amy Pell from the U.K. posed showing off her abs with her young daughter next to her and not long ago Maria Kang also posted a picture of herself with her three young children. In both instances these women were accused of "fat shaming" because they believe having had children is "no excuse" for letting their body go. Both women state their intention is to "inspire". Does seeing someone fit motivate you or depress you? Should you really care about how someone else looks? Are some women concerned about their husband's post pregnancy expectations?

LAWRTW profile image81

Cassandra Schmigotzki (LAWRTW) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 2 years ago

I tend to agree with you. Just knowing something is "possible" is an inspiration! If someone came from a very poor background with little formal education and became rich. I wouldn't say they were "poor shaming" those who are less fortunate. :)

Karen Exelby profile image83

Karen Exelby says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 24 months ago

It really comes down to how an individual views it I suppose. It is common for people to say they want something but turn around and offer an excuse. For someone to say I was in the same boat as you and I made it offers proof that it's possible.

60

billys1 says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 24 months ago

I too have no interest in seeing a woman whose body looks like a dude. However I wouldn't say as some others have said that these women are "fat shaming" women because they dropped their pregnancy weight to being where they were pre-pregnacy