Benefits of Meditation is depend on how are you doing it as well as what's the purpose of meditation.
One can meditate for any purpose but mostly the purpose should have positive element is the key to go ahead nicely.
I can mention here few very general benefits if you are just starting the meditation:
1. One can find out that meditation is not easy because when you close your eyes, you realize that there are lots of things going on your closed eyes' screen.
2. One can know that what's going inside her/ him.
3. It is possible that what we are presenting as our self may not be the trtuth for us after entering the meditation efforts.
4. One can face the inner self in very different kind of forms, which could be a shock treatment.
5. Mostly meditation provides the mental waves and its directions to the person, who can indulge in so many things after such processes.
I think that the realization of the image of our outer form would be the first thing one should understand and this is not a small benefit, because then and then you can enter in the real realm of the meditation.