Tom_Radford profile image 61

Do you think that your sibling position effects your confidence and approach to others?

I'm the youngest of five. As a child my opinon was seldom heard or listened to. I grew up feeling like a nuisance and would be loud and outrageous to mask it. My partner is the oldest of three, she is wracked by guilt and control issues (like my oldest sister is), always trying to get things right but she is confident about her opinion and considers that she must be heard and listened to ... unlike me. I believe that sibling position, quite naturally, has a huge effect on who you are and who you become...and is a very difficult habit to break. What do you guys think?

Tusitala Tom profile image88

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

sofs profile image87

sofs says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 3 years ago

Sofs, what you have stated is true and analytically spot on.Oldest children become the lesser as a result of the birth or succedent siblingsThey literally & proverbially get the shaft The only ones who benefit from siblingship is THE YOUNGEST chi

Laura in Denver profile image83

Laura Deibel (Laura in Denver) says

• gmwilliams profile image

Yep, what you stated is a multillionth percent spot on correct! I could not have said it better.

Erin LeFey profile image79

Erin LeFey says

CMCastro profile image85

Christina M. Castro (CMCastro) says

gmwilliams profile image85

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

Darkmetaly profile image73

DanĂ­el GuĂ°mundsson (Darkmetaly) says

• gmwilliams profile image

Siblingship always with few exceptions negatively impact the oldest child. Oldest children , in most circumstances, become adults early although they are still children. They are the ONES who have to look after their younger siblings.

affordableweb profile image59

affordableweb says

0

akycrawler says