misscoles profile image 60

Does shock therapy really help people?

Shock therapy is still available in many hospitals. They practice shock therapy in the basement of Sheppard Pratt in Baltimore. I think it should be illegal

kimh039 profile image90

kimh039 says

Amber Morris profile image60

Amber Morris says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I agree completely--don't play dice with someone's brain. There are newer treatments that HAVE undergone testing and been proven, or are being proven, safe and effective: TMS and VNS therapies are what I'm referring to. Go with the proven-safe treatm

Laura Schneider profile image93

Laura Schneider says

tyler_richmond profile image60

tyler_richmond says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

As far as I know, it hasn't (been proven to work). It was grandfathered in as "acceptable" because it was being done for years before regulatory boards existed, so it has never undergone rigorous testing.

0

Butch News says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I know quite a bit about it, and I think that any drug or procedure that was grandfathered in as "safe" before the regulatory boards were put in place should be illegal until such time as the testing is done. Prove it works and 'does no harm' first.