Ten responses to "When are you going to have kids?"
Struggling with infertility month after month is a battle in and of itself, and having the stress and pressure of people asking you when you plan on having children can really take its toll on your sanity. Here are a few tried and true responses to change the subject, and keep it from coming back up.
- Well, Matt and I would love to have children, but unfortunately since we ate the last one that really isn't an option.
- To tell you the truth we like to practice making children more then we actually want children, if you know what I'm saying. ;)
- After seeing you with your children, why would we ever want any?
- I wasn't planning on having any, I thought I'd just kidnap a few from the local WalMart.
- We'll probably have children around the same time you learn not to ask such rude questions.
Okay so, maybe none of these are polite or appropriate,
The things that I actually say to people are:
- We plan on having children just as soon as we can.
- Oh, we hadn't really given that any thought yet.
- We are trying, so hopefully soon!
- We all aren't quite as fertile as you sweetheart.
- Children? What the heck are Children?
If none of these responses work you can always refer to your nether regions and freak them out.
Lots of Love and Baby Dust-
More by this Author
The GED social studies test measures your cognitive skills and reading comprehension through a series of multiple choice questions.You are tested on your ability to understand different concepts and topics in five...