Supplements to Relieve Asthma
Asthma is a lung disease that affects tons and tons of people (about 34.1 million Americans). The condition causes mild to severe breathing difficulty, as the airways become blocked or narrow. Because so many people suffer from asthma, there is constantly a battle to find the best treatment, whether prescription or natural treatments.
Different people are affected by different medications and supplements differently, so before you try anything different, you want to speak with your physician. You just want to verify that there isn't any harm in changing your supplements or vitamins.
If all is well, there are a few all natural supplements and treatments that you can consider and keep in mind to help treat the symptoms of asthma. They are simple treatments.
First, consider honey and ginger.
Honey will help thin the mucus in the body and get it out of the respiratory system. When mucus accumulates in the airways, it can blow the airflow in and out of the body, which can trigger an asthma attack.
You can either consume plain honey or breath in the honey if you feel an attack coming on. Or, you can regularly add honey to your tea or water daily to help reduce the mucus buildup and prevent an asthma attack.
- 1 teaspoon of honey mixed with water daily.
- 1 teaspoon of honey with a half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily.
- 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of drumstick leaves juice,1 teaspoon small onion juice, and half a teaspoon of asafetida, mixed together and consumed twice daily.
Ginger and ginger power has been proven to effectively stop inflammation and the effects of PAF. You can mix it with other ingredients to help you cough up the mucus buildup.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger with 1 cup of fenugreek daily
- Fresh ginger juice mixed with honey taken daily
- Half a teaspoon of fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, a pinch of nutmeg, and a glass of water, boil and drink hot
Native Remedies Complete Asthma ComboPack
This combo pack includes the BrochoSoothe and Biovent drops. Together these drops work well together to help relieve asthma symptoms.
The BronchoSoothe drops are a natural asthma remedy that helps relax and open airways for normal breathing.
The Biovent drops help improve respiratory health and strengthen the chest for improved respiratory functions.
When used together, this is an all-natural remedy to help sooth asthma and asthma symptoms and achieve optimal results.
Supplements to Ease Asthma
- Adhatoda- The leaf has been used for centuries to treat asthma where it works as a bronchodilator and mild expectorant.
- Chinese Skullcap- The root of this plant has been used in traditional chinese medicine. Reducing hypesensitivity and inflammation in airways is vital to managing asthma.
- Coltsfoot- It has been used medicinally as a cough suppressant. The plant has been used in historical times to treat lung ailments such as asthma as well as various coughs by way of smoking.
- Ginkgo Biloba- . For asthma sufferers, ginkgo works to inhibit PAF (platelet activating factor), a powerful inducer of platelet aggregator and anaphylactic reactions. Natural Herbs that stimulate anti-PAF activity are known to assist in the treatment of asthma, allergic reactions, thrombosis and shock.
- Grindelia- This is an expectorant herb with bronchospasmolytic activity. It is traditionally recommended for the treatment of spasmodic respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
- Licorice- The Licorice root has been used traditionally to restore breathing and calm the breathing passageways.
- Selenium- evidence suggests that asthma is linked to reduced circulatory levels of the antioxidant mineral selenium.
- Turmeric- Curcumin is a powerful anti-inflammatory in both acute and chronic conditions, and it is believed to work in a variety of biological pathways to reduce inflammation. In some models studied, curcumin showed a similar efficacy to cortisone and phenylbutazone.
- Vitamin B6- Vitamin B6 deficiency is common in asthmatics. This deficiency may be
related to the asthma itself or to certain anti-asthma drugs (such as
theophylline and aminophylline) that deplete vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12- Supplementing with B12 (particularly through intramuscular shots) markedly reduces asthma symptoms.
Herbal and Home Remedies
- Cure Holiday Blues and Anxiety with Supplements
- Natural Supplements to Battle Holiday Depression
- Aid Anxiety with Chinese Herbs - Natural Treatment for Anxiety
- Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- How to Clean Your Body Naturally - Detoxification with Herbs
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Natural Remedies and Herbs for Women's Health
- Aromatherapy for Women's Health
- Acupuncture Points Used to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Acupressure Relieves Menstrual Pain and Cramps
- Herbal Remedies to Grow Long Hair
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Lose Weight with Chinese Herbs
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. If you have any questions, please consult your doctor so that you can determine your diagnosis and the best treatment.
More by this Author
It is one of the hardest decisions that pet owners can make- when is the right time to put your dog (or other pet) to sleep. Because our dogs become part of the family, when they start to age and show signs of age, it...
Staph infection is caused by a bacterium that has evolved to resist many of our current antibiotics, and is a growing concern. Staph infections can be fatal if not treated properly.
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.