Benefits of Comfrey - The Miracle Herb
You can buy comfrey root powder, comfrey ointment, and comfrey oil here
The scientific name of Comfrey is Symphytum officinale and this miracle herb has enormous bone and joint healing powers and that is why it has been widely used by ancient people and naturopathics to promote rapid recovery and healing of bone fractures. Comfrey is a perennial herb which belongs to the family of boraginaceae which includes a variety of shrubs. Comfrey grows up to 60 to 100 cm in height and is loaded with a beet-shaped rootstock and is branched with black-colored roots that are as thick as a finger. The stem of comfrey is straight, angular, bristling, and leathery with branches on the top. The leaves of comfrey are oval shaped and alternate between lanceolate and narrow at height of petiole. The flowers of comfrey are regular and stalked and are shaped like pendants forming peaks. They have pink, white, violet or purple, funnel-shaped calyx.
History and Symbolism of Miracle Herb - ComfreyComfrey plant was discovered to have medicinal properties and miracle bone healing powers by a pharmacologist, botanist, and physician of ancient Greece. He then discovered comfrey herb as the natural remedy to relieve sprains, strains, and muscle tears. Comfrey’s leaves and roots have been used in natural medicine for many centuries. At the present time, recent studies on compatibility and effectiveness of medicines‑containing herbal extracts, published by University of Cologne in Germany, confirms that comfrey herb has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and decongestant properties which make it suitable for treatment of bone fractures and sprains and strains.
Origin and Distribution of Comfrey
Comfrey herb grows naturally in wetlands. Comfrey is native to western Asia and Europe, but now it is also cultivated in North America.
Roots and leaves of comfrey herb are extracted and used in making different types of sports creams and pain balms and gels.
Comfrey oi is also famous worldwide due to its beneficial properties.
Benefits of Miracle Herb - Comfrey
Comfrey is a hemostatic, healer, and an astringent. It also works as an emollient and contains miracle powers of detoxifying and revitalizing the injured bones and joints. Just like horse chestnut discussed in my previous hub, comfrey herb is also rich in allantoin and mucilage. Both allantoin and mucilage are the main components that promote healing to any wound. Comfrey is widely used in naturopathy gels for treating sprains, dislocations, and bruises by its really powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions. Comfrey also prevents and reduces bruising.
Buy Comfrey Gels and Rescue Rapid Repair Serum
Medical Benefits of Comfrey
- Comfrey is good for fracture healing and bone lesions.
- Comfrey is beneficial for treatment of muscle tears, sprains, strains, and dislocations.
- Comfrey helps in arthritic conditions of bursitis, tendinitis, and torticollis.
- Comfrey treats arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Comfrey is good for treating bunions and deformities of extremities.
- Comfrey helps in treating intervertebral disc lesions and herniated discs.
- Comfrey is good for circulatory system and improves poor circulation and varices.
- Comfrey treats skin deformities like minor wounds, minor burns, fistulas, and psoriasis.
- There are millions of comfrey natural products available in the market, the most prominent of which is comfrey gel which helps in treatment of some types of eczema, cracks in breasts, and varicose ulcers.
Side effects of Comfrey
- Comfrey is recommended for external use only.
- Its use should be limited to topical gels and creams only.
- Prolonged intake of comfrey is dangerous for liver and can cause liver damage because it contains harmful alkaloids and should not be taken internally.
Comfrey leaf oil - lean how to prepare herbal oils with herbalist Susun Weed
What is Naturopathic Medicine? A Video Tutorial on Naturopathy.
More by this Author
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read about the the causes, signs, and symptoms.
If you will go through the books of naturopathy or natural/alternative medicine, you will see a lot of mention about horse chestnut which is a beautiful and tall deciduous tree. Horse chestnut extract has been used...
Getting pregnant with irregular periods is not very easy but not impossible at the same time. The first thing which comes in everyone’s mind who is reading this topic is that a women can get pregnant easily if she...