Benefits of Ginseng
For over 2000 years in China and over 500 years in rest of the world, ginseng has been considered as a natural tonic, an aphrodisiac, and an elixir of long life. Ginseng is a medicinal herb. If you want to know more beneficial powers of ginseng herb and its healing properties, keep on reading some interesting facts about it. Ginseng is also called Panax ginseng. It is interesting to note that there are only a few plants existing on this planet that enjoy such type of devotion, respect, and legendary mystery as ginseng has. Ginseng belongs to the Araliaceae family of Chinese plants. In this family only genus Panax Ginseng is the one that reaches 60 cm of height. Ginseng is a perennial plant. This wild tuber consists of a taproot and other two to five lateral roots and small rootlets that are creamy yellow in color.
The root of ginseng contains a wealth of natural sources that are famous all over the world for their therapeutic actions and benefits for the human body. Ginseng’s root is composed of sugar, resin, mucilage, starch, saponin, volatile oil and some steroid chemical compounds that are similar in structure to that of natural sex hormones. It also contains some ingredients similar to adrenal cortizales, estrogen, testosterone, and cortisone types of substances which are commonly known as ginsenosides or generically named as panax attributed to it due to its powerful organic effects. Ginseng also contains vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamins B1 and vitamin B2, phosphorus, calcium, cobalt, aluminum, potassium, sulfur, silicon, iron, sodium, magnesium, strontium, barium, manganese, and other acids and enzymes. Farmers have to wait for 6 years, to collect the roots of ginseng and extract active ingredients from it.
Buy ginseng here
Medical research on ginseng has confirmed its tonic and invigorating effects improving physical and intellectual powers for all young, kids, and elderly.
14 Benefits of Ginseng
- Ginseng is good for low blood pressure.
- Ginseng decreases weakness and fatigue and treats poor appetite.
- Ginseng is also recommended for people whose activities subject them to physical and mental stress on a daily basis.
- Ginseng is good for treatment of diseases joints and skeletal system problems.
- Ginseng is an effective antidote for arthritis and rheumatism.
- Ginseng not only eases the pain but it also fights the causes of diseases caused by accumulation of fats in the body.
- Ginseng is a powerful aphrodisiac and sexual stimulant.
- Ginseng has become very popular because it is a central nervous system stimulant.
- Regular use of ginseng has shown positive effect on reducing cholesterol levels, blood triglycerides, and blood sugar levels.
- Ginseng is also good for treatment of anemia as it favors formation of blood corpuscles that makes it a very good ally for people with anemia, cholesterol, and diabetes.
- Ginseng also helps in stimulation of white blood cell formation.
- Ginseng helps strengthen the immune system.
- Ginseng is good for prevention of viral and bacterial diseases.
More by this Author
Hi friends. Today, I am going to share a secret home remedy with you which my mother used to give me when I was a child suffering from cough and cold. Especially In India it has been observed...
If you will go through the books of naturopathy or natural/alternative medicine, you will see a lot of mention about horse chestnut which is a beautiful and tall deciduous tree. Horse chestnut extract has been used...
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...