Benefits of Mint Herb - Where to Buy Peppermint Essential Oil
Are you Sarching for Where to Buy Peppermint Essential Oil
I think there is no person in this world who has not heard about mint, especially peppermint which has been a very famous flavoring agent in chewing gums, teas, toothpastes, and thousands of other products that we use in daily life. Moreover, this herb is an important ingredient in many ayurvedic, herbal, and also allopathic medicines. In India, Halls Mentho-Lyptus has been the most popular cough drop again containing mint and eucalyptus. The Hindi name of mint is pudina and it is commonly used in Indian salads and recipes. Mint is also a prominent ingredient in making jaljeera (tangy mint water), which is a refreshing and spicy appetizer. Also, Indian pudin hara is a famous herbal remedy for instant relief of almost all gastric problems like acid indigestion, heartburn, and stomach gas disorders. In aromatherapy, peppermint oil is antispasmodic, digestive, choleretic, stomachic, and carminative indicated for treatment of stomach pains, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and flatulence.
Understanding Different Species of Mint
Mint is scientifically known as Mentha piperita and is commonly called as peppermint. Its other species are wild mint and spearmint. Though essential oil can be extracted from all three species of mint, but there is a difference between wild mint, scientific name Mentha arvensis and spearmint scientifically named as Mentha spicata or Mentha viridis and also peppermint. Mentha spicata or spearmint has varied uses in cooking. Leaves of mint herbal plants contain menthol, which has several healing properties beneficial for human body. It is also interesting to note that there are other endless species of mint herb but the most widely used mint species in aromatherapy are the three mentioned above namely peppermint (Mentha piperita), wild mint (Mentha arvensis), and spearmint (Mentha spicata), but due to the high amounts of natural menthol available in peppermint, its aroma is much stronger than its other counterparts and therefore is most widely used in aromatherapy, natural medicine, and for making several daily use products.
Understanding Mint Family
Mint is a plant of Labiatae family, which grows with numerous stems up to 80 cm. tall with lanceolate deep green leaves that are mostly opposite to each other. Mint blooms fully in summer mainly from June to August and its flowers range from white, pink and violet, and are grouped into terminal spikes. The aroma of mint is very distinctive and penetrating. Its aromatic taste leaves a cool sensation in the mouth.
Health Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Mint herbal oil is antibacterial and antiseptic and helps fight infection, opens the airways, and reduces fever.
- Mint oil inhalation is a popular aromatherapy for cold and common flu.
- Peppermint oil massage is refreshing and relieves headaches and muscle spasms. It also reduces inflammation.
- Mint herb clears away the toxic congestion and helps in treatment of complex inflammations of skin such as herpes simplex.
- Mint essential oil is used for treatment of vertigo and dizziness.
- Benefits of peppermint oil for skin include elimination of blackheads and acnes. Also, mint oil refreshes and softens the skin.
- Benefits of peppermint oil for hair include elimination of lice and providing comfort and coolness to the scalp. According to natural medicine, mint oil is also indicated in treatment of hair loss as it stimulates the hair follicles, which in turn enhances hair growth.
More by this Author
Hi friends. Today, I am going to share a secret home remedy with you which my mother used to give me when I was a child suffering from cough and cold. Especially In India it has been observed...
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read the the causes and signs and symptoms...
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...