How to Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally -- 2 Best Fruit and Vegetable Juices for Hypertensive People!
Hypertensive? Learn More About Hypertension and How You Can Combat Hypertension!
Hypertension is rather common nowadays. If you are hypertensive, then you must be looking for ways to lower your blood pressure. Did you know that you can lower blood pressure naturally? The fruit and vegetable recipes mentioned on this page will help you with just that.
Additionally this page also educates you about hypertension causes and hypertension symptoms. Learn all this and more from this very page!
Hypertension Causes - What Causes High Blood Pressure?
Some Causes Of High Blood Pressure Include -
- Our lifestyle - Smoking, stress and potassium deficiency can be some of the attributes that lead to hypertension.
- Hereditary reasons - Some people might get also get hypertensive because of genetic reasons. If there is a family history of hypertensive people, then the chances of getting hypertension is more.
- Due to illnesses/diseases - Are you suffering from any type of disease or illness? Maybe the high blood pressure might be attributed to that problem.
What Is Hypertension?
What is the exact definition of hypertension? Wikipedia describes it as a chronic health condition wherein your blood pressure is elevated to a level which is higher than normal. The term "hypertension" basically refers to arterial hypertension. A normal blood pressure reading should be 120/80 mmHg (millimetres of mercury). If a person has blood pressure readings more than the normal levels, then he/she is considered to be hypertensive.
Some people are diagnosed with mild hypertension. In other words, mild hypertension is also referred as pre-hypertension. The constant systolic blood pressure readings of a person who is mildly hypertensive is between 120-139 whereas the diastolic reading is between 80-89. People who suffer from mild hypertension mostly are prone to hypertension and hence should take appropriate measures when it comes to diet and exercise.
A very serious classification of hypertension includes pulmonary hypertension. A person is considered to be pulmonary hypertensive if there is an increase in blood pressure with respect to pulmonary artery, pulmonary vein and pulmonary capillaries. Pulmonary hypertension can even lead to heart failure. There are 5 major types of pulmonary hypertension and treatment is done accordingly depending on the type.
High blood pressure in the portal vein and tributaries can lead to a type of hypertension named portal hypertension.
Measuring Blood Pressure Video
Symptoms of Hypertension/High Blood Pressure
Mild hypertension is usually symptom-less. If you have high blood pressure then you might have the following symptoms -
- Frequent headaches
- Vision impairment
- Breathing difficulty
It has also been seen that hypertension is encountered in women during pregnancy.
The DASH Diet Plan for Hypertensive People
If you are looking for diet suggestions to combat hypertension, then this is the best book for you! The bestselling book from Amazon is getting rave reviews from customers worldwide. The diet plan is called the DASH diet plan. A recommended buy if you are looking for ways to lower your blood pressure.
Treatments for High Blood Pressure/Hypertension
If there is a hypertension crisis, then you need to consult the doctor immediately to get the best treatments and cures. Remember that the fruit and vegetable juices mentioned on this site can only help you in combating hypertension in a mild way and would be beneficial for you if you included them in your diet -- but never totally rely on them! Always consult your doctor if there is a hypertension urgency. Treatment for high blood pressure include -
- Taking proper hypertension medications.
- Following a high blood pressure exercise program. You can get some tips from your own doctor or you can refer online for some great advice.
- Taking special care in diet. You can include the two yummy fruit and vegetable juices I am going to mention here to your diet in order to combat hypertension.
Buy The Best Juicer from Amazon for Sale!
By buying this juicer from Amazon, you get around 20% OFF along with 1 year warranty. This is without a doubt the best juicer out there. By the single push of a button, your juice will be ready to be enjoyed! A recommended buy if you are thinking of buying a juicer.
Nutritional Values Per Glass
Energy - 148 KCal.
Protein - 2.9 Gm.
Carbohydrate - 32.6 Gm.
Fat - 0.6 Gm.
Potassium - 356.1 Mg.
Vitamin C - 15.1 Mg.
Fibre - 4.0 Mg.
Fruit and Vegetable Juice Recipe #1 To Combat/Treat Hypertension
Makes 2 glasses.
- Carrots (6 Nos.) medium sized -- chopped into pieces.
- Celery sticks (6 Nos.) with leaves intact -- chopped.
- Parsley stems (10 Nos.) with leaves intact - chopped.
- 2 pearl garlics (or you can even use 2 garlic cloves instead of this).
- Crushed ice.
How to Make This Fruit and Vegetable Juice
You can either make this juice using a juicer or using a blender. The choice is up to you!
- If you are using a juicer, you can finish making this fruit and vegetable juice easily. All you need to do is juice all the ingredients together and you're done. Serve with crushed ice.
- If you are using a blender, you need to mix all the ingredients with a little water. After that, strain the juice using a strainer. Serve with crushed ice.
Why Is This Fruit and Vegetable Juice So Healthy?
Garlic is very good in detoxifying the system and is very effective in lowering blood pressure. By having a glass of this juice on a daily basis you can ensure that your blood pressure will remain normal on all days to come.
Nutritive Values Per Glass
Energy - 121 KCal.
Protein - 2.0 Gm.
Carbohydrate - 27.0 Gm.
Fat - 0.5 Gm.
Potassium - 216.0 Mg.
Zinc - 0.8 Mg.
Iron - 2.2 Mg.
Fruit and Vegetable Juice Recipe #2 To Combat/Treat Hypertension/High Blood Pressure
Makes 2 Glasses.
- Carrots (4 Nos.) - Medium Sized -- chopped into pieces.
- Half cup black grapes.
- Crushed ice.
(Same as the procedure shown in the fruit/vegetable juice recipe #1)
Why Is This Fruit and Vegetable Juice So Healthy?
Carrots help in maintaining a normal blood pressure level because of its potassium content which helps in balancing the salt levels in our body. Black grapes are added to give a little sweetnes to the juice.
Also Read -
- An Instant Energizing Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Drink!
In today's highly competitive world, you always need to be on your toes in order to keep up. If you feel lethargic, then you might as well do something about it -- like making your own instant energizing...
More by this Author
Green poop is a problem faced by many people nowadays. Find out what causes this.
A Record of Indian Parasitic Twins.
Detailed instructions on how to cancel car or vehicle hypothecation at an RTO in India