HubMob Hubs -- All about Men's Health Issues
Meet the HubMob Team!
For those of you who are new to the HubMob family, I would like to introduce the people who make it all possible:
Ryan (Hup) Hupfer -- Official Hubpages employee and a really cool dude!
Princessa -- HubMob team leader and a great inspiration to all HubMobsters!
Shirley Anderson -- The awesome person who compiles all the weekly Hubmob Hubs and puts it into one pretty, easy to read hub! (She is unable to do so this week because of being flooded, so NYMiskovic (me) has agreed to fill her shoes--or atleast try to)
After last week's stampede of great Summer Product Hubs, 38 in all, we have switched to a more serious topic this week: Men's Health Issues.
Although the life expectancy gap between men and women has decreased considerably, there are still many health issues that afflict solely men. Unfortunately, many men don't know of these health risks because they tend to visit the doctor less often than women and when they do visit the doctor they don't always "open up" about what is really going on with their bodies.
Early detection and treatment can prevent many of these diseases. Knowledge is power! So, without further ado, let our wonderful HubMobsters educate you.
Don't forget to give our HubMobsters a little Hub Love....vote for their articles to let them know how they are doing. This simple act means so much to them and can even inspire them to write some more : )
Condoms: Test your knowledge
- We have all heard that condoms are the only efficient way to protect yourself and your partner against AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases. But while condoms might be part of your weekly shopping list, sometimes you might forget a few details that are important for buying, storing, and using your condoms properly and effectively.
Give this HubMobster some Hub Love!
So, what did ya think?See results without voting
Estrogen Dominance in Men: Causes, Effects, and How to Avoid it
- Estrogen dominance is a growing health concern for people around the world. Although it is more common in women than men, it can also affect men, causing such problems as infertility, erectile dysfunction, enlarged prostate, and certain types of cancer.
Give this HubMobster some Hub Love!
WoW! What an interesting topic. What did you think?See results without voting
Health Benefits of a Vasectomy
- Very simply, a vasectomy is a medical procedure in which a man is permanently rendered unable to impregnate a woman by cutting and sealing the vas deferens which is responsible for transporting the sperm to the semen. Typically vasectomies are performed on men who are married, in long term committed relationships that have children and are 100% positive that they do not want to have any more kids.
Give this HubMobster some Hub Love
Who knew a vasectomy had so many benefits?? How'd she do??See results without voting
Increase Virility Naturally with Testosterone
Testosterone is a male hormone which plays a vital role in a man’s health and sexuality. When men are young it pushes them through puberty and helps them become stronger, taller and more masculine. During their teens and twenties, it is testosterone that raises the libido and sexual performance in men. Unfortunately, when men reach their thirties, the production of testosterone slows down, in some cases causing changes in sex drive, hair growth, muscle development and weight.
C'mon give our fearless leader some Hub Love!
Another great contribution. What did ya'll think?See results without voting
Men's Health Hubmob : Job Related Diseases
As a Canadian familiar with my country's history, I realize we owe much of the initial exploration of this land to the early fur traders, in search of riches to send back to Europe. The ubiquitous beaver provided such a wonderfully thick pelt, and was so readily available, it soon became the mainstay of the fur trade.
Time for some more Hub Love!
Is RedElf as "mad as a hatter" or does she have some mad hubbing skills? You tell us...See results without voting
Hair loss, why is it so common to men?
- Hair shedding is just a normal thing. We usually shed up to 100 hairs a day, so you should not panic if you see a lot of hair in the sink, in the floor, or in your brush. The hair that sheds is just the 10% of our hair. Actually this 10% rest for a couple of months before you actually seen it shed. So it’s a continuous process, 90% keeps on growing while the 10% rests for a few months then shed as the end of the resting stage.
Hub Lovin' Time!!
Bald is beautiful too! What did you think of this hair-raising article?See results without voting
Testicular Cancer: Signs and Symptoms
- Of the over 8000 men that get testicular cancer each year, about 400 of them will die. If caught early, however, testicular cancer has a cure rate of over 90%. Despite the high cure rate, testicular cancer is the number one cancer killer of males in their 20s and 30s. This is because other cancers in this age group is rare.
Gimme some Hub Love!!
What an amazing factual hub! Don't you agree?See results without voting
Foods to increase testosterone
Testosterone is a male hormone which plays a vital role in a man’s health and sexuality. Its production is dependent on zinc and vitamin B and although it is not found directly in the food we eat, certain foods can lead the body to produce more of it.
I want more Hub Love!
This is the second hub from Princessa! Way to go--how does this one compare?See results without voting
Male Menopause -- Symptoms & Treatments
- Male menopause, which is known as andropause, affects all men similar to how female menopause that affects all women, and is a result of a decrease in hormone levels. It traditionally affects men in their mid thirties and has been, until recently, known as a mid-life crisis.
NYMiskovic is back for round 2 of Hub Love!
Now men can get a taste of what is like to be a woman! Did you learn something new?See results without voting
Stress Management for Men
Stress is created when external or internal demands made on an individual are in excess of his coping strategies and capabilities. Let us illustrate how physical stress is formed. If you are asked to pick up a glass of water and place it on the table it is not stressful
Givin' Hub Love is so much fun!
WoW! Writing hubs can be stressful but this article was stress-free wasn't it?See results without voting
Fastest way to grow hair after hairloss and make the ladies look your way too
In the past, baldness was often seen as something unfortunate or undesirable. You remember growing up and watching the balding accountant on TV who is always stiff and never gets the girl , who can blame him if he is saddled behind his desk.
Let's give some Hub Love to a New HubMobster!
Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member of the HubMob! Give him your feedback...what did you think?See results without voting
Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
- The prostate is a small gland located under the base of the urinary bladder which has many small glands that secrete a fluid which is a component of semen. It is the cells of these glands which eventually become cancerous. The incidence of cancerous changes in the prostate gland increases from about 30% in men in their fifties up to 80% in men in their seventies.
Looks like Kidgas just can't get enough Hub Lovin!
The second contribution from this distinguished Hubber--he's on a role! How's he doing?See results without voting
Men's Health HubMob - Viva Viagra
OK - I will be the first one to admit I am a tad old-fashioned in some ways, but the first time I saw the TV ad campaign for the new male wonder drugs, I wasn't sure just what I was watching. Happy, smiling men, doing grandjetés down the sidewalk, and Gene Kelly dance routines off the fire hydrants and lamp standards...(je·té - a ballet leap from one leg to the other in which one leg is stretched forward and the other backward). What's this all in aid of, I wondered.
RedElf is back again! She must love the Hub Love!
Did this hub get a rise out of you??See results without voting
Join the HubMob family!
I hope everyone enjoyed this hub and all the great hubs that everyone has contributed this week. If you want to learn how to become a HubMobster or if you just want to know more about it, check it out here.
More by this Author
The single most important a new mom has to make is whether to breastfeed or bottle feed their new baby. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both options...
No matter what your age, you should be exercising everyday. When I say exercise I don't mean going to a gym and using a myriad of different equipment nor do I mean following a strict work-out routine. What I am...
Having children is both a blessing and a curse...especially when you are outnumbered by your children. Learn how to effectively manage your children and have a happier, calm, home life...