How to Heal Yourself (Part 3)
Reiki—Some simple facts
In my previous hubs I explained the need and benefits of healing with the help of energy present in our body. We know that the process of healing by channeling the cosmic energy into the body of a person, who needs healing, is termed as Reiki. There are, however, certain misconceptions about Reiki which I’ll try to clarify in this hub.
1. Reiki can be given from a distance which means that the practitioner does not have to be physically present with the patient; reason being that it’s not the practitioner but the energy itself which is the healer and as such energy can be channelized even from a distance.
2. A practitioner is only a conduit for the energy taken from the cosmos and as such he cannot be said to have produced his own energy for healing purpose.
3. Reiki can never hurt anyone as it is a form of spiritual energy which is only meant to do good. It can, however, not remove birth defects. It works best for bringing harmony within the body, as far as any imbalance in the regular organic functions is concerned. It removes physical and mental blockages and cleanses the body of accumulated toxins.
4. Reiki passes through clothes, wood, metal or any other substance and as such, it is not necessary to undress for receiving Reiki from the practitioner.
5. As stated in my earlier hubs, it’s not the practitioner but the energy itself which decides the time frame of healing and extent to which a person can be healed. Two people suffering from the same kind of disease may not necessarily be healed within the same span of time; the healing time in both the cases can be visibly different.
6. One does not need a college degree for giving Reiki. It can at best require a person to receive attunement or initiation from the master. Even illiterate person can learn and give Reiki to others. Also age is no bar here; a practitioner can be of any age from 10 to 70 years.
7. It is said that if a practitioner gives Reiki without compassion then it is imperative for the patient to pay for the treatment as if he does not do so, he becomes indebted to the healer and will have to pay back in some way or the other. This is a big myth.
8. Even if a practitioner does not practice giving Reiki for some years the energy never vanishes; it’s always present in the body and can be used whenever required. It is not a knowledge which can be learnt and forgotten if not practiced every day.
Reiki—Diseases vs. Healing Points
Diseases --Healing Points
Allergies / Asthma-- All head points, lungs, kidneys.
Arthritis --Solar Plexus, liver, spleen, kidneys, affected area.
Back Pain-- Abdomen,
Back injuries --Full back, sides of neck
Gums --Head Points, sides of mouth
Circulation / Blood issues -- Feet. Knees, upper thighs
Cold --Head points, lungs, solar plexus
Diabetes -- Solar Plexus
Drug Addiction -- Adrenals, healing Third Eye Chakra
Fever --Heart, solar plexus, legs, lungs
Food Poisoning -- Heart, solar plexus, kidneys
Headaches -- Head points, temples, heart
Head injuries -- Head, adrenals
Heart problems-- Heart, solar plexus, shoulders
Obesity -- Thyroid
Throat --Place hands over the sides of throat, chest
Tongue-- Soles of feet, big toe
Tonsils-- Cup hands over jaw for 20 minutes
Varicose veins -- Upper thighs
Color Therapy--Healing with Colors
As mentioned in my Chakra series, every Chakra is related to a specific color. In fact all Chakras, put together, have all colors of the rainbow, which again goes to show that we are an integral part of the cosmos and should never try to alienate ourselves from Nature as if we do so, we subject our body, mind and soul to untold agony and endless pain. I recommend here to read the hub for opening Chakrasbefore proceeding further. Once you know the colors associated with the Chakras, you instantly know which color you have to use for healing the affected Chakra. While using color therapy, place your hand on the person’s body part (which needs healing) and visualize the related color seeping into the body of the patient. In some cases the practitioners recommend to their clients to use the specified colors in the clothes they wear on daily basis so as to magnify the results of therapy. At this juncture, let me give some detail regarding the characteristics of each color used in color therapy; depending on the disease / ailment, it will help you to decide the color which you have to send to your patient.
1. Red Color
Red color stands for vitality, raw energy, strength, passion, zest, courage health, vigor, sexual vitality and most importantly, power. It should be specifically used in case of a person suffering from depression, inertia, melancholy, lack of interest, lack of motivation and unexplained fears. This color is strengthening Root Chakra which connects to adrenal glands (kidney points). It makes the person fully grounded and gives him confidence and high self-esteem.
2. Orange Color
Orange Color stands for warmth, tolerance, sociability, optimism, expansiveness, emotional balance, confidence, self-motivation, enthusiasm and flamboyance. It’s quite clear that this color is needed by a person who feels somewhat deficient in any of the above stated areas.
3. Yellow Color
Yellow strengthens communication and sharpens the intellect. It is conducive for organization, evaluation, analysis, academic excellence, administrative capabilities, sincerity, attention to detail and harmony with people around. It is good for concentration and clarity of thought and also enhances power of expression.
4. Green Color
Green Color is associated with growth, peace, hope, balance, harmony and healing. Green is the color of abundance and replenishment.
5. Blue Color
Blue heightens creativity, inspiration, spiritual understanding, faith and devotion. It is associated with contentment, patience, tolerance and gentleness. You can have this color anywhere you want peace and tranquility e.g. in a meditation room.
6. Purple Color
Purple is associated with psychic awareness and intuition. Its effects, no doubt, are soothing and calming but it is considered to be a very power and strong color. People normally dilute this color with a dash of white while painting the walls of the meditation room or the room where healing is supposed to be done.
7. White Color
White combines all the colors of the spectrum and signifies spiritual realization. It stands for divine humility, purification and creative imagination. It enhances meditative power, spiritual attunement and divine love.
8. Black Color
Black, is in some ways opposite to White in terms of characteristics. Black color is restricting while White is expanding. Black focuses on our inner world while White signifies life and rejuvenation. This color is never used for healing. Never project black color on anyone.
Your body has the power to Heal itself
Comments 30 comments
- Breathing....The Right Way (Part-2)
In this article (and in the forthcoming ones), I have made an endeavor to put together (on the basis of the available data) different ways of breathing properly so as to maintain physical and mental...
- Spiritual Sex and Chakras! Want to know the nexus? (...
Speaking about the ancient times in Greece and the eastern world, there had been (probably still is) an age old tradition of a temple priestess helping the spiritual seekers with ceremonial sex. This...
- Why is it important to have Chakras open all ...
As I mentioned in Part-1, the Chakras are energy centers which control the flow of energy in and out of the body. The Chakras located in the lower region of the body are mostly connected with instincts or...
- Kundalini Shakti (Serpentine Energy) rises through C...
The term Kundalini comes from Sanskrit word Kundal meaning coiled. Please refer to the video uploaded in Part-1. In my opinion that video is an ultimate piece of beauty and perfection on this...
- Conscious Breathing.Regulate Your Breath (Part-...
Anjali Chugh Clear your Psychic Blockages and open your mind to a whole new world...the Unseen world. The preceding hub dealt with first two levels of Pranayama. Here we will get acquainted with next two...
- Chakras--Heal yourself by consciously controlling yo...
Make a person sit in front of a softly illuminated plain white background. A color background might change Aura colors and as such it can become a little complicated to identify the combination of...
- My First Encounter with OSHO (philosophy)
I vividly remember the day when a young boy (probably in his early twenties), walked into my office stealthily and closed the door behind him. I might have thrown a questioning glance at him, in response to...
- Breathing....The Right Way (Part-1)
Breathing is the most vital process of the body as it affects the activities of each and every cell in our body, most importantly the brain cells. It is generally seen that most people breathe...
- Chakra--How to cleanse Aura (Part-8)
As mentioned earlier, Aura is a composite of electromagnetic impulses and as such has a natural tendency to attract and trap positive and negative vibrations, thereby affecting the body significantly. The...
More by this Author
“No offense….but do you have some kind split personality disorder?” Well, I was asked this startling question by one of my friends a few days back. I almost laughed my heart out while my friend...
I sometimes wonder what my response would be if an angel came down from heaven and blessed me with a never ageing body and an immortal soul. I am not able to figure out if that would make me feel on top of the world or...
I vividly remember the day when a young boy (probably in his early twenties), walked into my office stealthily and closed the door behind him. I might have thrown a questioning glance at him, in response to which he...