How to cure dysmenorrhea pains : Solutions to dysmenorrheal pains
Do all women experience dysmenorrheal pains? I asked this question because I used to think that I am being punished monthly for this sickness. Ever since I had my menstruation, I can actually predict exactly when to have it, why? because of menstrual pain aside from the fact that my cycle is 28 days really, it is predictable, so you know exactly when you are going to experience the throbbing pain again. I thought, I will be save from this pains after giving birth to five children (other friends of mine told me that), but I was wrong. In the first two or three months after giving birth, I will be free of it and then it will come back again with my period. It is like a curse so I thought. My sister suffers even worst, she is really bedridden. My father told us, our grandmother will just lay in bed for like two days because of pain. Well, lucky me then? Huh.
So I tried to research anything about dysmenorrheal. I asked some people and friends and also consulted a doctor for a check up. The doctor said there is nothing wrong with my reproductive system. I read articles about it, research in the internet etc. The funny thing is that all the natural ways of easing some pain? I learnt it by myself.
What really is Dysmenorrhea (or dysmenorrhoea)?
According to wikipedia it is a medical condition characterized by severe uterine pain during menstruation. While most women experience minor pain during menstruation, dysmenorrhea is diagnosed when the pain is so severe as to limit normal activities, or require medication. Dysmenorrhea happens when the uterus contracts in a severe manner and frequently pre and post your menstruation. The contractions in the muscle cut off the flow of blood to the uterine muscle, depriving it of oxygen and causing severe pain.
Tips on how to cure dysmenorrhea:
- Avoid stress . If you are stressed out, at times your period comes one day early than usual and this may cause pain in the uterus. ( I experienced it many times). I just noticed that when I am a little bit anxious or worried about something, my menstruation comes earlier (like two days than expected) and it is more painful than usual.
- Do sit ups and take a walk one week prior to your expected menstruation. I also noticed that when I am walking and exercising more often specially the week prior to my expected date of menstruation, the pain is not so much (I can bear it still).
- Boil a water and when it is warmer already, put in a bottle and placed in your stomach. It eases the pain. It really works and ease the pain.
- If you can, lie flat in the bed with your bum in the air face down. It relaxes the muscles this way. I can be in this position for almost an hour and it helps. I just sit down once in a while. My mother told me what makes it painful are blood clots (menstrual blood clots).
- For those who are taking the oral contraceptive pills, it has been found out that dysmenorrheal pain is minimal.
- Drink plenty of water. This is very effective. It soothes the pain and help in indigestion and overall health. I noticed that If I drink adequately prior to my menstruation the pain is eased. Plus drinking water is really good for your health too.
- Drink warm milk also, anything which is rich in calcium is also good, add to that is eat also magnesium rich foods.
- Take supplements of calcium and magnesium because experts found out that due to lack of these essential nutrients, women suffer from dysmenorrheal pains
- Visit a doctor because it might be a symptoms of other sickness.
- If you cant bear the pain anymore then you can take pain reliever (Ibuprofen). It is effective for me.
More by this Author
What Not to Wear When You Are Pregnant : Fashion Maternity Flops. The question that most women ask during pregnancy is "what can I wear when I am pregnant?". My answer is as long as you are confident that...
Do you want to get pregnant faster? here are some ways for you to do so that you can achieve your reproductive goals. When two people love each other and they want to start a family there are various ways on how to...
Have you ever wonder what are the meanings of colors? Well in China, there are meanings to every color. The traditions and culture of the Chinese people are the subjects of so many studies and understanding by a lot of...