Cystic Acne Home Remedies: Diet and Natural Cures
Cystic acne is caused by a host of factors; however, there are certain home remedies
and dietary prescriptions that can help treat cystic acne naturally.
Cystic acne is characterized by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, and nodules. Infection and inflammatory reactions are associated features of the condition. When the pores of the skin get occluded with dirt, sweat, grime, and bacteria, acne gets activated or in some cases exacerbated.
Cystic Acne Causes
Causes for cystic acne are multifactorial. The following are the chief etiological factors for the occurrence of cystic acne:
- Poor skin care and hygiene: Too little and irregular cleansing and toning can result in occlusion of the pores, and this triggers the formation of cystic acne.
- Using the wrong skin care products: If you use products that have an oil base, rather than a water base, or using cosmetics that are harsh adversely affects the skin.
- Changes in the hormonal profile: The primary causative factor for cystic acne is imbalances in the hormone profile
- Dietary errors: What you eat has an important part to play in the prevention and management of acne. Common triggers are: fried foods, oily and greasy foods, trans fats, milk, cheese, chocolate, meat, white flour, carbonated drinks, white sugar, and refined foods.
Cystic Acne Diet: Foods for Cystic Acne
Consuming a nutritious and wholesome diet and including the following foods can help fight acne successfully and help achieve a blemish free and radiant skin:
- Vitamin A rich foods: Tomatoes, papayas, mangoes, melons, spinach, pumpkin, and carrots are packed with vitamin A. Vitamin A is extremely vital for a healthy and beautiful skin. It fights acne, prevents scar formation and lends a glow.
- Vitamin C rich foods: Lemons, oranges, cherries, sweet limes, mangoes, berries and bell peppers have loads of vitamin C. Vitamin C builds collagen, improves skin tone and texture and helps battle acne effectively.
- Zinc rich foods: Zinc is very essential for acne management. It speeds up healing of the skin and prevents the development of unsightly scars and marks. Walnuts, sesame seeds, cashews, almonds, wheat germ, oysters and soy provide lots of zinc.
Cystic Acne Home Treatment
Exfoliation is very important. It helps eliminate dirt, grease, dead cells and bacteria and lets the skin breathe better. Scrub the skin at least once a week. Avoid harsh chemical scrubs. Home made scrubs made from pounded cinnamon, ground Oats and powdered walnuts are definitely recommended.
Steam your face for five minutes, after exfoliation. This opens up the pores and throws out dirt, grease and toxins. Ensure that you apply ice after steaming, or else the pores will remain open.
Apply a vitamin E cream regularly, every night. Vitamin E nourishes the skin and hastens the healing process.
Cystic Acne Home Remedy
Here are some simple home remedies that can be beneficial in treating cystic acne.
- Lime: Lime eliminates surplus grease from the face and fights infections effectively. Apply 5 to 10 drops all over the face, leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse. Follow this regimen daily.
- Aloe vera: Aloe soothes an irritated and inflamed skin almost instantaneously. It cures acne scars, makes the skin soft and helps close large pores as well.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy to manage open pores and scars that are caused by cystic acne. Apply yogurt over the affected area and leave ion for half an hour.
More by this Author
Excessive perspiration, combined with multiplying bacteria and poor hygiene, result in dreadful foot odor and immense awkwardness. These guidelines will help you have nice smelling feet.
Molluscum Contagiosum is a skin infection associated with skin eruptions. This condition is associated with a risk of scarring and simple home remedies and aromatherapy along with homepathy have been efficient in...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.
No comments yet.