Diabetes Software for Blood Glucose Monitoring
© All Rights Reserved
If monitoring blood glucose was all about keeping records, you would not really need any diabetes software; a simple spreadsheet program or a paper logbook would suffice. These diabetes software programs are recommended by health care professionals because they can take your blood-sugar monitoring to the whole next level. First of all, it is more convenient to use a software program than to carry around an obsolete paper journal. Many programs are not only compatible for desktop or laptop computers, but can also be installed on your mobile phone, iPod Touch and Palm Pilot. With just a few pushes of buttons, your daily information is entered and secured.
Secondly, it can sum up all the records and come up with detailed statistical charts. You will be able to see if there are any recurring trends in your blood sugar levels. You may notice things like: your blood glucose tend to be higher in the mid-afternoon; you experience a sugar rush more often during your period; or your highest readings almost always occur early in the morning after you wake up. Once you spot some trends like these, you should consult with your doctor. You might be able to adjust your current diabetes-management program and find better strategies to take care of your problems.
And thirdly, most diabetes software programs also come with a diet planner or food diary. They can help calculate your daily calorie intake in detail: how many carb grams you have consumed, how many fat grams you have just eaten at lunch, etc. The programs will couple your blood sugar records with your diet information, allowing you to see how different types of food affect your blood glucose levels. You will learn what you can eat and what you should avoid.
We are all different. Our bodies don't react to the same food or lifestyle routines the same way. For some diabetics, it might be all right to drink a glass of red wine with dinner, but for some others, that can lead to a horrible result. One of the best ways to control your diabetes is to keep track of your blood glucose levels and have a better understanding of your own body. The following are some of the best diabetes software programs you might find helpful.
Diabetes Pilot - Much More Than Just a Diabetes Logbook
How will this diabetes software help you?
- Similar to a paper diabetes logbook, it allows you to record your blood glucose levels, various test results, insulin measurements, blood pressure, information about your meals as well as your physical activities. You can do it either at home on your desktop or use a mobile device, then transfer the data to your desktop afterward.
- This techy diabetes logbook lets you organize or group together your entries in several ways you might like. In addition, it provides graphs and summary reports that enable you to track the changes in your blood glucose over a period of time and analyze the trends of its rises and falls.
- Besides a blood glucose monitor, this diabetes software also grants you access to a huge food database, providing nutrition facts about thousands of foods and assisting you to plan your meals more wisely.
Diabetes Pilot is compatible for Windows PC, iPhone, iPod Touch, Palm OS and Windows Mobile. Visit diabetespilot.com to download.
For Better Diabetes Control
Diabasics - Uncomplicated Diabetes Software for Blood Glucose Monitoring
- This diabetes software provides simplified tools for recording and tracking your blood sugar levels. You don't have to be so computer-savvy to use this program. In addition, it can calculate calories you have consumed in each meal, which is great for weight-concerned diabetics.
- Diabasics can encourage you to be more detail-oriented about your conditions. It allows you to note which finger you have just pricked for the blood test so that you won't desensitize that finger by pricking it too often. Plus, it provides a big comment section on the bottom of each logbook page. This way you will be automatically reminded to add extra information every time you check your blood glucose. Useful details to fill out in the comment section may include your stress level, PMS symptoms, off-routine events, work schedule changes, etc.
- Like Diabetes Pilot, it provides several types of visual charts, which help summarize your blood sugar trends over time. You can easily print out the charts for your health care providers to analyze how successful your current diabetes management program has been and whether there is anything you need to adjust.
Diabasics is compatible for both Mac and Windows computers. Go to derbrill.de/diabasics to download.
Sugar Stats - Web-Based Diabetes Software, No Downloading
Why use this online diabetes log?
- It is totally free for the basic plan. You can update to the premium plan at any time for $8.29 a month. The basic plan covers blood glucose tracking, medication logbook and printable statistic graphs. If you decide to try the premium plan, the extra features you will receive include nutrition and physical-activity tracking tools.
- Sugar Stats offers quick and easy applications to help you monitor your blood glucose as well as visualize your progress via several types of charts.
- It is a supportive diabetic community where you can make friends and exchange knowledge with other diabetics through community groups and discussion forums.
To learn more about this online diabetes logbook, visit sugarstats.com.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE25
Here's some good news for all winter haters! Don't be scared of cold weather anymore. Use food therapy to warm your body from inside out.
Bone loss is not something that only happens to the elderly. In fact, many people begin losing bone density as early as their 30s. Start taking care of your bone health today with these natural methods.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE22
California cuisine is a rapidly evolving food trend with a wide range of meaning and many different approaches. Let's find out how it came to exist and what makes it so unique.